G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thyroids, 'S' shaped back and maybe no more sailing. :(

Today was funnnnnn.

Cuz I found out how sick I REALLY am. (no, not sick in the *ahemahem* way)
And I FAINTED TODAY! (well, almost. I blacked out but got revived in less than god knows how long)

Fainted (okay, I ALMOST did) while doing accupuncture. The doctor called it "yun1 zhen1" fainting accupuncture/needle? o__o hahah whatever to shitty translations.

Me and Celine were like waiting till it was time for our needles to be taken out, then my mom was talking to her. My needles just went in less than 5mins ago. Thought I felt tired so I rested my head on the back of the chair, then felt like vomiting and started coughing in this "blearghhhhh. cough cough blearrrgh." way. Head started spinning and I felt like I was suaying backwards so I told my mom I felt like vomiting, then I told her again I felt like fainting.

Then my mom ran outside and told the doc that her daughter felt like fainting or something and after that my vision went blur and everything I heard was damn bloody muffled. :\ hahah.. {?} by the time the doc ran into the room she was all "aiyoh poor girl!" in Chinese. So she took out the needles and all my relatives rushed in going "Gwen fainted!" (Celine told me this. I already halfway thru K.O. liao)

THEY FORCED 1 COFFEE SWEET, 2 CUPS OF MILO, 1 LEMON FLAVOURED HI-CHEW, 1 CHOCOLATE COATED BISCUIT AND 2 CUPS OF WATER DOWN MY THROAT!

The doc made me drink it to get my sugar levels up cuz the blood didn't flow to my head cuz of my thyroids thing, which causes me to have short breath, easily impatient and always throwing tantrums. Of course, blood can't flow into my head well enough cuz of this illness thing so I tend to faint easily, get headaches more often and get sleepy easily. :\ weeeeird.

Cuz I have low blood pressure and I'm suspected of having this illness called thyroid disease or something. Its some illness/problem thats most probably heditary since my uncle and his sister or something has it too.

While most doctors and moms tell their kids not to eat sweets, the doc and my mom tells me to eat MORE sweets to get my sugar levels up. :\

And now I gotta bring sweets to school everyday to eat, just incase my head spins or something. D: aiyohhh!

After drinking and eating those stuffs I felt better and Celine said my lips turned from beige to pink. :\ omg I must have looked like a freak hahah. Then the doc helped me do qigong cuz I can't do accupuncture already. So I lay there for dunno how long as she rubbed my hands and head (also to prevent me from fainting)

After everyone did their checkups with the doc my mom told her my back hurts quite oftenly. And when she took a look at my back you know what?

MY BACK'S SLANTED. My mom, the doc and Celine all saw my back had this 'S' shape at the bone. Most prob cuz I sit in a slanted position with my body leaning to the front while sailing.

Then the doc pressed and pressed my back or something and it wasn't as slanted. But it still is quite la, so now I gotta do some of the exercises she recomended me.

And oh, people with thyroids can't exercise due to the fact they have short breath.

After the fainting thing, my aunt was persuading me to quit sailing. :((( "Aiyah don't sail liao la Gwendy! Just dance can liao what." :\ sighhhh I'M SO NEVER GONNA QUIT!

Finally told my mom I got giddy spells on the way to the bus stop to school quite a few times and she got damn worried o__o sorry mom! :((

But my mom's gonna talk to Mrs Sidhu on Tuesday after sailing. Most probably I won't be able to sail for a long time if my thyroids is like, there or something. D: WAKAO INTERSCHOOLS COMING LA DEY! I almost cried la.

The doc said that I can't stay under the sun for too long, most prob 30mins would kill me. Then me and Celine were like laughing and Celine told her that once I go under the sun I go under the sun for hours. Then the doc "huh zhe yang bu xing ne!" ("huh this won't do, cannot like that!")

:\ oh god. I really regret seeing the doc.

Now I gotta go take my blood test to confirm if I'm suffering from thyroids or something, then I gotta take medicines if thats the case. :(

And if that IS the case, no more sailing/sailing PT for a while. :( a loooong, long while.

Gawd, I'll kill myself if that's the case.

So if you see me eating sweets in class, yeah, I NEED it. :\

Oh well, on the brighter side, my Low Blood Pressure's 70 now! :D and my High Blood Pressure's 100. :D slightly better. Johnathan was the same as me LOL. Low blood pressure peeps. Hahah.


Don't need anymore problems.
Don't need to be degraded at this point of time.
Don't know why you don't ever notice.


Hyperthyroidism
Hyperthyroidism can cause nervousness, irritability, increased perspiration, intolerance to heat, fatigue, difficulty sleeping, a fast heartbeat, irregular menstrual periods in girls, and muscle weakness. People with this problem might lose weight even though they're eating more than usual. The eyes may feel irritated or look like they're staring. Sometimes the tissues around the eyes become inflamed and swollen, and the eyes appear to bulge out, but this is less common in teens than in adults with hyperthyroidism.

:\ my God.

No comments: