G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Thursday, March 20, 2008

LIVE! OPERATION CAMP.

BACK FROM CAMP! :D

I MISS PLATOON MENTORS TANYA & JIEYU! :(((
And I suddenly miss falling in and listening to all the commands etc. Its actually quite fun you know. Hahah.

Sec3 camp was like a military camp. Pretty fun cuz Adam Khoo Learning Technologies Group isn't like Camelot, Saints or whatever cuz those use the same cheers etc over and over. Learnt a lot of new cheers which I've never heard before. Haha!

The enciks were really funny. :] esp Captain Ridtz!

First day was pretty much sian and whatever. :\

Activities were AWEEESOME!

Did lots of stuffs. The best activities on the first day was the Bomb thing and the Slippery Slope! We had to stand on this slope in two rows and pass down this huge empty water barrell. Last person had to roll the barrell from the bottom to the top and then we'll pass it down again. :D had to compete with each other. DRAW! :D

Slippery Slope- we had to go up this steep slope which was covered with a hugeeee long groundsheet. Then we had to walk up while we werewe had to walk down it once the whole class was up. xD sprayed with water from the hose on top. Actually soap was meant to be poured down the groundsheet to make it more slippery but our PM Jieyu said it was slippery enough. NO FUN! D: then


Day 2

We had a day full of walking la. Did PT in the morning and we did 1400 success claps each. Success claps are when we raise our hands over our heads and clap, keeping our hands straight. DAMN TIRED OKAY. This PM kept giving us more and more cuz we usually don't follow each other's counting. :\ the other half of the cohaught can.

Breakfast: Choco biscuits and a fruit bar which I saved up for lunch.

Did the hunt thingy to go to 6 stations. 2hrs seemed like a lot but it passed quickly and we only did one D: went back cuz there wasn't enough time as we had to make it back to HQ by 12 to eat lunch and get ready for the 10km Victory March.

Lunch: COMBAT RATIONS. They're like, randomly flavoured food packed into these uhh plastic bags. You just had to tear the top open and squeeze the food into your mouth. Guys will eat this during army lol.

Not even halfway thru the 10km Victory March, it rained! We all walked in the rain and chatted. xD fun. But cuz it was raining, we couldn't finish the whole 10km and had to cut it short. We then walked past a cemetery. :\ scary siol! A lot of people refused to look.

Went back to HQ and dried off. Slacked, then planned our CO Nite item. Then played THE GREAT RAID. Which was fun but unfair cuz there's this PM that obviously didn't wanna let my class win any of the challenges on purpose. HATE HER! D:

We had to use bamboo poles as ships and each class had 2 islands marked out. We had to use the ships to attack other group's ships/islands. xD if we lost our boat, we had to go to the Dead Man's Chest and buy one. Either using our hard-earned tokens or doing Consequences. We did consequences duh.

Had to do stuffs like 100 success claps as a group and pumping and crunches and jumping jacks and lying on the wet, dirty, sandy, muddy, grassy floor before we could get our boat xD fun!

Stupid PM of the other group (I think 3I's PM) spoiled the game for 3E. Whateverrrrrr.

Then me, Lianyi, Atiqah and Quin got called out. Apparently we later found out we were the so-called best of the class, with spotted potential. And along with the 4 picked out from each class, we were the Mayflower Leaders o__o

Apparently, not so easy having that title. We had to do this special programme/training.

We wrote our goals/dreams we wanted to achieve and we had to stand up. Holding the paper in our hands, we had to stretch out our hands 90degrees straight and hold it there for 55mins.

If we bend our arms or put down our hands, we're giving up on our life's dreams. And we'll be asked to sit down if spotted. So a lot of us didn't. David was the first to sit down. Then Ryan sat down too.

Then ran continuously for 1hr, or so they told us. We didn't realise we ran that long! I stretched myself too far and injured my back. But I told myself not to give up or to say never and carried on. :D proud of myself.

When we got back, we did a grand entrance in the middle of the CO Nite :D and we stood in attention when given the command and sang the school song. LOL.

Thanks Marcus, Aishah and Atiqah for helping me when my back hurt so bad I couldn't really stand up straight. :D esp Marcus! :D

Ate dinner and bathed later than anyone else lol. xD Our item was funny cuz Lianyi kept messing up what she was meant to say. She'd be like, "-looks at me (narrator) and Ker (helping me cuz I didn't go thru the script)- huh? Say what? Oh. Okay. -turns to Atiqah- You dare disrespectful me?" then "Lianyi, say "-random lines here-" then "-turns to me and Ker- ohh okay. Atiqah! You've not been blahblahblah. -turns to us again- what does that word mean ah?"

LOL.

I LOVE 3ENDEAVOUR FOREVER! :D


Day 3 (today)

Woke up in the morning and it was freaking cold. Then we did the usual and then went for breakfast after PT.

Mayflower Sec sec3s '08 set the record in the AKLTG (Adam Khoo Learning blahblahblah) by doing the most number of SUCCESSFUL CLAPS thruout the camp! :D YAY MF! :D

We did 2500 in total. The prev school holding the record did 1500 I think. ^^V YAYNESS! teehee super proud. We actually did 2350 but we did 150 more just to make it harder to break our record when the PM told us we set it :D hahaha.

Breakfast was nasi lemak!

Then went thru the rehearsal for the Passing Out Parade. :D I love the bandana for my group that was tied around our hands to signify we graduated as Privates in the camp! :D purpleeee. Melody Neoneo's fav color. Hahah.

And at the end, we got paper to write messages to people we appreciated. When I wrote to PM Tanya and was writing PM Jieyu's, Captain Ridtz said "And now to show how much we really appreciate you, we will do something for you. This time, you won't be asking us for permission to recover. We will be the ones."

And THEY GOT DOWN INTO PUMPING POSITION AND DID PUMPING FOR US!

I looked up halfway while doing PM J's note and cried. VERY XIN TIA (xin tong) TO SEE THEM LIKE THAT! A lot of us were like screaming "NOOOO! STOP IT! DON'T DO LIAO!!!" but they carried on.

Then they ASKED US FOR PERMISSION TO RECOVER! I was crying like crazy when I saw that. TT_TT VERY XIN TONG OKAY!!! We all screamed "RECOVER PLEASE RECOVER NOW!!! PLEASE PLEASEEEE!" and they did.

One glance around and I noticed a lot of girls were crying already. Its like, heartache when we see our beloved PMs doing pumping for us!

It was so bloody touching. I cried all the way till when we got dismissed and boarded the bus. PM J and PM Tanya followed us back to school cuz we had to do a evaluation form. I was still crying on the bus. PM Tanya came to the back and "Ohhh are you still crying? Omg stop crying la I'm crying too liao!! T_T"

Me and Mel are the WATERTAP COUSINS. Hahaha.

When we told PM Jieyu and PM Tanya we were cousins they both don't believe. PM Jieyu said "You too orhorh liao lor!" D: WHAT ORHORH!!! Being tanned is a good thing k. Hmphhh.

And oh, PM Jieyu looks like Siungee tho he's a guy o__o the eyes esp okay!!

liveatmayflower.wordpress.com for all the stuff we did during camp & pics! :D


CHOICES HAVE CONSEQUENCES-
I chose to win.


When life doesn't go as expected, I just gotta smile and smile and laugh my spongebob laughter all the way. Its my only remedy. &it keeps me going when you're not.

No comments: