G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Is it hard understanding.

When I say parents don't understand a shit about their kids, I mean it.

Its like, my dad just nagged a whole storybook full of crap to me about my attitude towards my family. Like wtf, STOP THE FUCKING NAGGING ALREADY. EVERYTIME you only know how to scold me and nag at me. WHAT ABOUT THE BROTHER?

"Easily said than done"- many people know this phrase. But how many actually really applies it to situations in life?

My parents tell me about studying and results as if its so easy to achieve. I'm not the studious sort and I know that. The standards in the past could have been a hell lot freggin easier than mine. So yeah, DON'T COMPARE.

He told me to find him or my mom when I have problems.

AND HOW THE HELL DO YOU WANT ME TO DO THAT? YEAH I'VE GOT A MILLION AND ONE PROBLEMS. TALKING TO YOU WON'T SOLVE IT, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU TRY TO FORCE OUT WHAT PROBLEMS I HAVE, THEN SCOLD ME WHEN I START TO CRY OVER IT. HOW OFTEN HAVE YOU ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD ME? WHEN I PUSHED MYSELF TO STUDY, YOU ONLY KNOW HOW TO SAY I'M NOT STUDYING ENOUGH. YOU TELL ME THAT IF I TRIED MY BEST ITS ALRIGHT. BUT WHEN I SHOW YOU THE RESULTS AND SAY I'VE TRIED MY BEST, WHEN HAVE YOU ACTUALLY UDNERSTOOD ME AND UNDERSTAND HOW STRESSED UP I AM?

YOU THINK TOO OLD. YOUR GENERATION IS YOUR GENERATION. I HAVE PROBLEMS, AND THE PROBLEMS START WITH YOU. EVEN TALKING TO MY AUNT IS BETTER THAN TALKING TO YOU. WHY? CUZ THEY UNDERSTAND, THEY KNOW HOW TO COMFORT ME, THEY KNOW HOW TO REPLY WHAT I SAY. BUT YOU DON'T.

ALL YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IS COMPARE AND COMPARE. ITS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT SINCE YOUNG. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN COMPARED TO MY COUSINS, and you tell me, how am I supposed to be like them?

Everything's been about the brother. EVERYTHING. Just because he plays badminton well, he shares the same passion as you two, he's just like you two. I'm different, I love sailing and dance, and what, IS THAT A FUCKING DISGRACE TO YOU?

You've never supported me in sailing or dance. I'm always limited to what I can do. I feel lousy about my sailing skills, and when I tell you how badly I've done for competitions, you add salt to the wound. You only know how to go, "Huh? Do so badly AGAIN? Aiyah you might as well quit sailing la. Always like that." you're ALWAYS telling me to quit sailing.

When I want to tell you my results, the brother starts to sing and I tell him not to sing cuz I'm really nervous and don't know where to start about the results, then you scold me and tell me not to treat my brother like this, that I'm not flexible enough.

I've got so many problems. I'm really tired. I really, really wanna give up. Wanderer: I may be a fighter to you, but I'm a tired one. A really, really tired one.

And letting out big sighs never did help me.

But thats all I'm doing for now.

Someone tell me the number of times I've kept my problems to myself instead of telling my parents- countless.

No comments: