G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Tuesday, June 23, 2009

On how I should probably feel

I have always understood that I am very verbal - verbal in the sense that I'm not afraid to let people around me know what is on my mind.

Of course, I never understood why I am not like that when it comes to my parents, even when its to the extent where I wished children had the right to give their parents a wake up slap.

Take my Mom, for instance. Everytime I mention something I want/need, she pretends to be deaf, oblivious to the fact that I'm talking.

But today, when I finally expressed my annoyance and anger when she did a Deaf Stunt (becoming THE Deaf in the process), she got all annoyed at me. Perhaps it is just me and the fact that I have this extremely obnoxious personality sometimes, but I felt no remourse.

It seems to be the case that when we do what you have been doing (that annoys us), you will feel the annoyance we feel. Yet you never understand what we are doing are what YOU have been doing all this while.

Which is really stupid, to be precise.

Then again, I never understood children who don't appreciate their parents when they are the sort who cheer their kids on, giving them their own mindset when it comes to chosing paths, encouraging them.

Something my parents aren't.

But it just so happens that what I love -- be it dance, photography, SHINee and certain TV shows -- my parents don't seem to give a damn about. Infact, they discourage me from those.

Life suddenly becomes stagnant for a moment. A self-reflection makes me wonder.. What I do, am I doing it for myself?

It seems that what I do is a desperate attempt to get my workaholic, busy parents closer to me and to understand me. What they are enthusiastic about is what I try to be enthusiastic about too. Yet they take it to their advantage.

Badminton, for example. The moment they realise I got the Badminton Bug back, they ask me to go for lessons as soon as Loongloong bugged me to join him. They seemed to have forgotten that this is my O level year..?

Dance, on the other hand, is what my dad wants me to stay away from till after O's. 'I want you to quit dance until after your major exams.'

Does no one see a certain likeness to both activities? One being that both are once a week? Except I can rule out that badminton has more bad points:
1. Badminton will be from 2pm to 8pm if i go for Sunday lessons. Dance, on the other hand, is 1hr 30mins a week. Minus practice time.

2. Depending on the coach, badminton might even be twice a week. Dance is fixed once a week.

See? And they tell me to stay away from dance WHY?

Because they have no interest in it. Same goes for the Wii. Imagine: how much time can one person POSSIBLY spend on that machine? And they say they're not getting it cuz we got our major exams. Cough. Biased is what this is.

Oh well.. Gonna resume packing my room. For once its actually breathable in here. :)

Ciaos!
Xoxo

No comments: