G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Thursday, June 22, 2006

Today's competition was like SHIT lah! Wah lao, there was a total of 4 races conducted [as told by TzuLing]. And since there was 4 races [I was too lazy and tired to count], I got last for 3 races. The only race which i didn't get last for... well,

I got 2nd last for that race.

Like practically no diff lah!

The sea waters that day was like a battlefield. It was...

CHAOTIC!

Gosh, I wanted to faint out there. Well, I wish I could faint, but I couldn't lol. There were so many bytes and everyone was screaming at another person and all... woah. I wanted to DIE instead of faint.

Its really bad out there in the seawaters during the race, because people will take advantage of the situation if they find you a noob. Like, some people will purposely try to bang into your boat if you don't have the RIGHT OF WAY. Take one of today's race for instance, I was on port-side [left side of the boat] and if you're on port, starboard [right side of the boat] has RIGHT OF WAY. So today during one of the races I was sailing past another person who was on starboard, and I was on port.

I had confidence that I could make it pass that guy without banging into him and doing penalty, which is 360 [or was it 720? 720 for when hit the buoy and powerboat only right?].

Since I had gained quite good speed, it was obvious I could sail past him without banging into him. So I just sailed without worrying. There were 2 guys sailing on starboard, but I confirm won't bang into the guy infront. But still I had confidence of sailing past the 2nd guy.

So when I was halfway past him, he could actually sail right past me too. But instead of trying to sail past me, he purposly pointed [like, to steer your boat to the right. if you're on the right side of the boat that is] his tiller and tried to bang into me!!!

He was like, glaring at me. And I tell you, his eyes had a damned wicked look in them! He glared and me and he looked so scary!!! I was so shocked and a bit scared of him. But heng he didn't manage to bang into me even though he tried. I felt like shouting "HAHA. TOO BAD FOR YOU, IDIOTIC NINCOMPOOP!!!" but of course I couldn't, if not he could protest me.

In the whole competition, only David and I [among the 123 byte sailors in the race] used the blue full sails. Idiotic sia.. so out of place. And I heard uncle Thomas mention that the orange full sail could point higher. Like, WHAT SHIT!!! I shouldn't have used the blue full sail! But Ning Xin was lazy to fold two sails [cos my sail SIN837 had no baton, and hence uncle Thomas told me to take Ning Xin's blue sail SIN839 while she took an orange sail], and if she wouldn't help me to fold, no one would cos its like, damn hard to fold sail.

Jack and I and Lin Jie missed doing the "MF-WOOSH!" thingy. My favourite part before every race! I begged Jack to wait with me for my rudder cos I overshot the hole again [2 times in a row, so first time I ask Jack help me ask the NSC counter workers help take out, then 2nd time I got to go ask myself]. I hope that tomorrow we do the MF-WOOSH! thing again before competing. I remembered during DRAGONBOATING, wah! So many girls, so when doing the MF-WOOSH! we had problem cos some people hand very short and cannot reach the pile of hands in the center. HAHA! I wonder if the boys had the same problem =/

anyway.
There is one STINKING PERVERT worker, who is working in NSC. Thats why I dread going to NSC. And thats why when Jack was still at the counter [although he got his things and was ready to go] I begged him to wait for me. All because of that PERVERT!

Everytime I go to NSC, he would stand there and stare and grin a pervertic grin at me. I am so scared of him already cos he has been doing this to me a lot of times. Practically, everytime I go to NSC! And when I go to the counter alone, he would make like, weird whistling noises and smile a pervertic smile at me!!!

Anyway.. after the race, I helped the others to recover their boats. Then when Quin and I managed to drag our heavy boats to my parking area there, we noticed a lot of people queueing up for the hose! Optimist sailors and byte sailors alike. I was like, WTH?! So many people? Damn it!!! have to wait a long time!

And when I got the hose, Wen Feng asked me for help to fold his sail. I haven't even wash my boat, much less take down my sail yet. Cos of course even though I never capsize, I must still wash the sail. Its sorta like a rule for us. haha!

Then cos I refused to help Wen Feng until I get my boat washed, he kept turning off my hose whenever I was trying to get my sail washed. Like I took the hose, and he purposely stood at the hose knob there and turned it off just as I was about to spray my sail. And he was like "you help me fold sail then I let you wash lah!" and I had to keep arguing with him until he finally gave way to me and helped me wash my sail. But cos I was holding the boom [the horizontal pole that holds the sail] so that he could help me wash the sail, he kept spraying water at me.

Brr, so cold!

But it was nice getting normal water at my face and not salt water! =D anyway, it was like I was sunburnt on my cheeks! During the race, I mean. During one of the races [I think 2nd race] my face felt damn hot, and when I touched my cheeks it hurt like siao! Ouch. My legs became lobster halfway during the race, as in, became red lah! So red somemore... and now near my tanned line [my bootes lah! So high that I look like i'm wearing a skin colored sock] my skin there is like, burnt? It really is lah! The skin there is dead... like when you fall down and when your cut clots and dries it becomes dead skin that you can peel off right? Ya, now my legs near the tanned line is like that. So eww lah!

Anyway after signing out I got a muffin and a bottle of mineral water with "isle Chill - SENTOSA" printed on a plastic wrapping around the middle of the bottle. LOL! At the previous race, the one which the sec1s didn't participate in cos we haven't got our LVL One Profiency [or however you spell it] cert, the sign out foodstuff was a packet of MILO and either chicken wings if not fish fillet!!! I was officiating lah, so also can take lol. Last time one better lah!!! Why not MILO and chicken wings again!

I heard Aaron is officiating this race too actually, but dunno why he never come. He's not racing lah.

Anyway forgot to mention the sign in item given to us was a T SHIRT!!! This is better than the last race cos the last race Mrs Sidhu gave out those like, metal water bottles out. Printed on it is err, forgot. Must go see Joeseph's bottle LOL. But of course T shirt is better. Can wear mah! And furthermore I need more clothes, so heng we got shirt =D

and its BLUE!! A nice shade of blue. But the words printed on are printed in ORANGE! Looks a bit weird lah! As in, the orange doesn't match that shade of blue. And there are two thin lines of orange down near the width of the sleeve. So little orange, sure cannot match nicely with the blue one lah! The blue is too err... in-the-middle for the orange. As in, in the middle of dark blue and light blue that kind of color. haha!

Aiya post later if not tomorrow.. wanna go play The Sims 2 and then wash up and go sleep. =D tata! Wish me more luck for tomorrow's competition... sailing comps don't just end in one day you know! Must hope I don't get last again okay!

and oh ya mr lee told us to drink 2litre of water to hydrate outselves. How to see whether we're hydrated enough? The pee, duh. He said when we go toilet the pee must be colorless, and that means we're hydrated enough. -_- lame lah! haha

No comments: