G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Thursday, June 08, 2006

Finally back from SL selection camp! haha! Feels so great to be back home. Anyone missed me? hehe. Hope no one did. =)

Guess what?
We only had about 2 hrs and 40 mins of sleep! Well, for me, that is.

Thats cos when they told us to sleep at about 1am+, Dorothy and I just kept talking and talking non-stop. HAHA! Then when we were talking halfway, a whole bunch of Mentors came in and kept going "Drill! Drill! Drill! Drill!" and so on. Saying that its a fire drill lah!

Then cos the girls were sleeping in the hall and we were gathering in the hall, it was easy for us. The boys had to walk from the other end of the school grounds on lvl 2 to the hall. LOL.

Then it was really SIAO lah! I tell you - at 2am in the morning we were playing weird games.
Like for example, blindfolding everyone in every group and making us hold a rope. The mentors would then shout for what shape they want us to make with the rope, and everyone has to move until they think they've got the shape. Then the mentors ask us to remove our blindfold to see whether we got it right.

First time my night mentors wanted a triangle, and we made a trapezoid or something.

Second time, my night mentors wanted a square. We made a rectangle with weird angles.

So sian lah! Then after that we can go back to sleep. Already about 2.40am liao...
Suddenly after i went into my lala land [i actually slept after that cos i was really tired], i was awoken at about 4am, with the gang of mentors shouting the same thing.

So i dragged myself to the front of the hall to settle down with my group, and at 4am+ we started playing another game. Which is, of course, SIAO LAH! 4am in the morning playing a game where they turn off all the lights in the compounds where they hid some puzzle pieces! Like the classrooms and the hall. Then we're only allowed to use one torchlight to find all the puzzle pieces.

My group couldn't find any of the pieces, so i found it werid. Can't be that all the difficult stuff they give US?!

Then when we went to the stage while making a round, we found Lian Yi from another group shouting "Got a piece from group 7 [my group]!!!" and we took it from her. Then we shouted "Any pieces for group 7????" and we find Shriram's group passing to us like, half of the puzzle. CRAP HIM LAH! We were so pissed off, cos later we didn't finish the puzzle cos we were missing 3 pieces. CRAP!

Group name ;- SHARPEN SAW [a.k.a. Sharpen the Saw or S.S.]
The members in my group were Alicia, Pheadra, Atikah, Wen Yi, Hui Xian, Lim Yen, Hian Wee, Thomas, Spencer and Kian Loong. All of which in the group i only know Alicia, Pheadra and Atikah. So pathetic. Those people weren't at all the enthu type. All so sian sian one. Especially the boys, but what to do?

My mentors were Jesie, Nurul and YeeKang. THEY ROCK!
Night mentors were dunno who and dunno who. Both are CCA leaders from CO.


The worst thing that happened to me during the camp was that I surrendered my handphone. SHIT LOR! I brought a hp cos after the camp my dad wanted me to contact him, and maybe he could fetch me home.

Then on the first night, Mr Prim talk to us about being responsible, and honest and stuff like that. Then he talked about knowing that surely some people never surrender their hps and snacks and electronic devices and having improper grooming. I listen until I felt so guilty that when he asked those who had anything to surrender, or confess to your teacher, for example handphones, having coloured hair, having nail polish on etc, I went to tell my Jesie that I had a hp to surrender.

She rolled her eyes and i was like "oh shit.."

Then when i went up to take my hp and went down, Nurul asked me for my hp. Then I gave it to her and it was passed to ms sim! I was like so dead, or at least i thought i was.

Then Ms Sim took my hp and put it in her pocket. Then i heard my name being mentioned and then one of the CCA leaders [heard from Wen Yi that they're CCA leaders for CO] come ask me what my hp model is and all these.

For the rest of the night i felt very down and guilty, and didn't dare look at the teachers. I mean, i know! I should have surrendered my hp in the first place, but i didn't cos i was afraid Mrs Sidhu would do something to me.

Its very bad having a teacher who is in charge of your CCA in the disipline section of the school. Yups. *nods head*

Oh em gee! [omg. LOL] I think i'm going to fall sick soon. Stupid camp's fault. Now I'm having sore throat and cough and blocked nose! Wonder what i'll have next... argh. And I'm SUPER TIRED lah! 2 hr 40 mins sleep is not enough okay. But now I'm still energised enough to be able to type this. lol.

But when I woke up at 6.15am this morning i was so sleepy still... I just wanted to go back to sleep lah! Wanted to go sleep~! But then after that got PT! OMG! we did more than 20 pumping [i did the boys style as usual. gosh, i was the only girl doing boys style], we ran about 5 rounds around the 3 basketball courts in our school... etc. Damn tiring. Wanted to die after running the 4th round cos Tzu Ling made us stop there and do PUMPING. 20!


Everyone was damn freaking tired after PT. All like wanna die wanna die half dead half dead kind. haha. But what to do? WE WANNA BE FUTURE LEADERS OF MAYFLOWER!

Mayflower~
Our dearest school...~
Together we aspire, together we strive~

Ahh. What crap LOL.
So damn tired now lah! Even the fan blow my face then i wanna sleep.... Gundam Seed music ain't working! GOSH!!!

I am such a pig, I feel. haha! Because just now when I came home, I used the computer for a while, then go sleep at about 5 or 6 or 7 plus. Then I slept till about 10.15pm. HAHA. But now I'm tired again, which proves I'm a pig. haha


SHARPEN SAW! [clap x2]
SHARPEN SAW! [clap x2]
WE CAN SCREAM! WE CAN SHOUT! WE CAN CHEER OUT LOUD!
S.S OOH! S.S AHH! S.S WHEE~HA!

Okay peeps, believe it or not, this is my groups' cheer. I felt so guilty when i suggested this cheer to my group members because it was what my group thought of during the sec 1 camp, its a original from 1E okay! So i kept trying to get Atikah to use another cheer instead of what i suggested, but she insisted that the cheer she suggested and the cheer i suggested is very nice, and we should use it.

What i was afraid of is that my classmates will ham-tum me! Cos its our original idea, and yet i was teaching it to outsiders [as in, outsiders of our class]. I feel so guilty. Guys, shoot me! I deserve it!!!

But then again, when I realised that Shriram's group also used this cheer, all the more I insisted on using it. But Shriram's group got edit the cheer one leh.... dots!

I LOVE THE AMAZING RACE! WUAHAHA!

Damn fun lah, must take bus that kind somemore. But only in Ang Mo Kio region, SO SAD LAH!
But cos i got no ez-link card and only got 10 bucks in a single $10 note, I had to change with the drinks stall uncle from my school. lol. So many coins lah! Then we went to this HDB flat near my primary school, and it was shaped like a... CLOVER!

OMG LAH! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT WAS SHAPED LIKE A CLOVER EVEN THOUGH I USED TO SEE IT EVERYDAY WHEN I WAS PRI 1-4 [i think]! But still, I see it all the time lah! And i don't even know... what a disgrace! WORSE STILL, I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS THE HIGHEST HDB FLAT IN AMK!!! 25 STORIES HIGH! omg so cool lah those people living on the 25th storey.

Then that was our first station, and the one of the tasks we had to do when we was go up to the 25th storey [highest storey] and look for a like... a number. haha. The mentors were supposed to show us a picture, but we took turns to go up mah, then the mentor that went up with us [the first batch to go up] was Nurul and she didn't have the picture so she just told me the answer secretly. haha! Supposed to write down the number engraved on the water meter thingy. haha

Then the view there was simply BREATHTAKING! OH MY GAWD YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE! The view was so cool, can see one of the reserviors. But I don't know which one, but its just pretty lah. I saw Siu Ngee [the camerman aka my sailing senior] taking some pictures of the view, so i shall post them here when its uploaded into the MFSS gallery. =D

oh and lemme tell you this, when you reach up to the 25th storey, your eardrums would be able to feel the pressure for a moment or two. haha! But even so, those people living on the 25th storey are SOSOSOSOSOOOOOOO lucky! Can see such a beautiful view everyday. I will not get sian of it one lor.

Then after that, when everyone in the group has assembled on the last storey, we took turns to go downstairs by lift [of course, DUH] and when the lift door closes, we have to take the timing of how long it takes for us to reach the ground floor.

1:01 mins... OMGAWD LAH! SO LONG! The lift is lao pok pok one, so damn slow. Their lift all the like older, slower types lor. haha. So those people living on the last storey got advantage and disadvantage - Nice view/scenery to see everyday, but take very long to go from the first floor to their house [last floor] or the other way round. haha!

Then we go other places also..

I AM SO EMBARASSED, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHERE PATHLIGHT SCHOOL [a special school for i think special kids lah, you know.... those kind of kids with slower learning ability] WAS! SO DISGRACEFUL! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW PATHLIGHT SCHOOL WAS IN ANG MO KIO! HAHA! Wah lao, their school damn big lah! NO FAIR! MFSS already quite small lor, then pathlight school so big. I think almost MFSS's size or slightly bigger, and its definitly A MILLION times bigger than Ai Tong School lah! [my pri school]

Ahhh hands tired. Shall stop here for the day. If you didn't know, i typed like 1/3 of this post, published it and went to sleep, came back, typed another 1/3 of the post, then publish it, then turn of the comp and sleep till 10+ then i ate 'dinner' and bathe and came into my room, turned on the comp and typed finish the post. LOL.

I'm damn tired now.. I think i should sleep. Tomorrow got sailing training, and I dowan to sleep while during training or something haha. Hope it rains or have no wind tomorrow. THEN NO NEED SAIL! haha whee!!! and now its just nicely 1am =D

No comments: