G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Friday, June 16, 2006

If only you'd learn, To appreciate; To believe;
Especially in yourself.

Okay, really tired out now. For once in my life, I didn't drag myself to wake up to get to sailing training.

Actually, my dad did.

I was woken up early in the morning [its actually about 10:22am. LOL] by my dad, who came into my room asking if i needed any money for like, sailing training, and all. He gave me about 10 bucks at first, and about another 20 to bring my brother to buy this silly-sounding toy gun for play, or target practice. Another 20 was given to me in case I needed to buy food when I got there, for me and my brother.

Sometimes I ever wonder, why does my brother actually indulge himself in these.. these.. these JUNK!

Has anyone ever wondered, that as a kid, we all had fantasys and wild imagination? I remembered that my cousins and I used to make our stuff toys 'talk'. We were like *grabs a stuffed doll* "Oh hi my name is Blah Blah! Whats yours?" and the cousin will take another stuffed toy and go "Oh I am Blah Blah no. 2! Nice to meet you!" and all.

Actually, as kids, we always had cravings for a certain something..

Nope, not CHOCOLATE.

But TOYS!

Yes, please don't deny it. In everyones' heart, we all used to love toys. We'd want one everywhere we go. Like dolls, toy cars, Barbie Dolls.

But now that we think of what we bought, all those toys, we feel that it has been a waste of money. How many people can actually tell me that they feel that they've not wasted their money on their toys? I could bet no one. Now that we actually bother to look back, things we've bought in a rush-decision [for example, you see already then beg your parents for it] are always the main 'waste of money' problem.

Stuff like these, I believe, I bought too. Yeah, like my Enzer Discman. HAH! Cheap, like about 90+ bucks? And oooh so flat! So compact. Yep, the DREAM discman!

But wait, as my dad and I have agreed that a discman shall be my reward for doing well in examinations, I wanted one so badly. Due to the fact that my older discman's cover broke into two. So I just told my dad to buy it. Sure, my dad did tell me to reconsider, but hasty as the person i am always known in my family to be, I just told my dad to buy it.

When he did, boy did I really regret. The quality sucks like hell! When you put the CD into the discman and close the cover and press the play button, you'd think nothing would go wrong with it. But wait! Theres a problem... try playing the CD when you're WALKING. HAH! You'd vomit blood I tell you first. The CD will keep jumping. So all you'd hear is this...

"Dance, *hic!* Dance. We're falling *hic!* apart to *hic!* half *hic!* time" or something. Okay, lyrics extracted from my favourite song of all time - Dance, Dance; Fall Out Boy. I think those are the lyrics cos i didn't bother searching them up.

Like, everytime you lift up your leg to walk, the CD jumps! Woah, what a good quality discman! We shall now CLAP for the quality.

Ever since then, Enzer has been my most hated brand for electronics. No matter how stylish, I'd still hate Enzer. Though the telephones are quite nice.. and even styli- oh what am I saying. I shall hate Enzer all my life for ruining my 'Do Well for Exam' prezzie. Geez.

I hate being hasty. But thats my personality. I've made my dad waste hundreds of dollars on my whims and fancies. I really hate myself for that. Why can't i be a good daughter when I was younger, and help my dad do stuff instead of asking him to buy me stuff all the time?

Well, this is life.

Life, with that many spoilt brats in the world. All the rich kids, spoilt kids.

I don't know why I suddenly brought up the rich kid topic. Just felt like it. I guess I hate spoilt brats. Who does?

Identification method of spoilt brats -

[mostly] Teenagers who ask their parents for many expensive items, even though they got something of the same function in their hands and its new, or hasn't even been used for past a year.

Teenagers who keep asking people to run errands for them. They don't bother doing it themselves.


Well, I don't know. Whats your method of identifying spoilt brats? I'm not sure what the methods are, but there are many. For some people, all you have to do is look at their faces and aha! You know their being spoilt badly by their parents. Seesh!

Shall blog more tomorrow, really tired now. 2 in the morning already, and happy birthday Eileen!

TTFN, tata for now huhuhu!

No comments: