G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Saturday, June 17, 2006

More about yesterday...

My sailing session yesterday was absolutely WONDERFUL! =D It was like, at the start the wind was too strong, so I grumbled and cursed and kept trying to keep my boat in control.

Stupid MAINSHEET PULLEY. Kept twisting my mainsheet! And during one of the races I had problem sheeting in cos the mainsheet got all twisted up. So fustrating, it was so twisted that the mainsheet got sorta jammed. But I couldn't untwist it because the wind was so strong that when i tried stopping my boat to untwist it, i had to pull it in. And all sailors would know, when stopping your boat you have to ease out, then your boat would stop.

But when I ease out, my arms weren't long enough to reach out to untwist it. Only way I could do it was to either jump into the water and try jumping up while in water like a dolphin or if not pull in the mainsheet and turn the pulley to untwist it.

Of course I took the second option. Too paisei if i took the first option.

So I pulled my mainsheet towards me and my sail caught wind and POOF! I was off again, speeding away in the water. So cannot untwist my mainsheet. No choice but to carry on sailing with a stupid twisted mainsheet, thanks to the stupid pulley.

Anyway.
During the second last and last races, I got 1st and 2nd respectively among the sec 1s! Wen Feng got 2nd in the second last round, so I beat him by one position. Then for the last race the wind got a bit lighter for a while all of a sudden, and I'm not a light wind sailor [not enough skill]. So I sailed slower than him, and he got 1st for the last round while i got 2nd. haha. Shall high-five him one day for swapping positions. LOL.

I am like, totally glad. I feel so accomplised to actually be able to get 1st among the sec 1s!

During all the races the sec 1 byte sailors only needed to do course W1; Windward and Leeward course. While during the second last and last races the other byte sailors had to sail course W2, which is 1 round more than the sec 1 byte sailors!! WUAHAHA. I think Ning Xin thinks uncle thomas is a bit bias. LOL.

But at the start of the day on the bus, I was very sad. Felt like screaming when I saw the calculated results from Mrs Sidhu...

Among all the Byte and Optimist sailors....

I got..
Last in position.

My Discard marks were the most, and wait, WTH is discard marks? I dunno... shall ask Mrs Sidhu next sailing session, Tuesday.

I am such a looser. I totally stink in sailing. How could I get last? Well, actually I'm not last, Samantha is. But thats cos she didn't come for sailing camp. But I think she was supposed to come or something, but i guess she didn't. And I heard that during the last sailing camp she was in my group or something, and I assume that when you get into one group, you'd stay in that group until you leave sailing when you're sec 4. So most probably I'd be in Zach's group all my secondary school life. As in, group 1.

But Ryan and I got best newcomers.. Mrs Sidhu said while announcing the best newcomers that we were trying very hard, so they'd like to encourage us. Then she said "And best newcomers go to... GWEN and RYAN!" and everyone was like, wooting. As in, for Ryan lah. All the guys helped Ryan go hyper. LOL.

The prizes were a notebook and a swiss army knife [this small little long oval shaped thing with many different knives in it and all]. Mrs Sidhu said we choose among both of us. Ryan immediately took the knife, leaving me with the notebook. I grumbled and pestered him for the knife, but he refused to give it. He was so mean lah!!!

Then the group i was in, Turtle [Power] got 1st! Well, no thanks to me actually. I was surprised we got first. Actually, I sorta expected it too, because of Zach. He got 1st in the whole sailing team, and his discard points were VERY VERY little, so naturally he pulled up our points, while I pulled it down. Sigh...

Ms Cheng said it was encouraged for all sailors to go for weekend classes, as the school would pay for half or dunno how much of the fees. But its on Saturday and Sunday, and I don't have time, but I heard that when Zach was sec 2 he went for those lessons, with Siu Ngee, Tzu Ling, Luo Ling and Daryl. But only Zach remained there for a year. And after he went for the classes, he improved tremendesly. So I also wanna go, but it would be a bit paisei to see Zach there cos I'm like, a noob in sailing. and I can't afford to end up in the same class as him. I would totally be so paisei to keep loosing. LOL.

But I really should consider it, cos I really wanna improve in my sailing skills and all, and most importantly I wanna stop getting last at races. Ms Cheng said if I really wanna be commited then I can go.

Oh well, shall discuss with my parents when they come back from Bangkok.

This afternoon my computer was berserk. You know sometimes when you don't turn off your computer properly, they'd ask you whether you would like to start your computer in Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Network, Safe Mode with Command Settings or something, Last Known good settings or Start Windows Normally.

I tried all options, but my computer would not go into the like, the screen where you see all the usernames and when you click on your own you'd have to type in your pass if you set a pass or something.

But before it goes to that screen, it would restart itself and ask me all those options again. GRR. So I took a while, used my original Windows XP CD and started all the configurations and all and voila! My comp is okay! =D I love fixing up stuff. LOL.

No comments: