G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Wednesday, June 21, 2006

hoheys!

Tomorrow is the start of Singapore National Byte and Optimist Championships.

GAMBATTE TO ALL MFSS SAILORS! We must bring GLORY to our school yeah?

Arrived at school at almost 9am. I was like, "GOSH! I am like, so damn late!" until I saw Ning Xin walking on the pathway outside school. When my dad drove into the school's shelter there then I waited for Ning Xin to walk in.

When she caught up, she was a bit drenched because it was raining. Duh. If not what? Someone spilt water on her???

So we walked together into the usual MFSS sailing team 'gathering spot', like before PT we always gather there mah. We saw Zach, Justin and Wei Ming walking past like, near the shelter that my dad dropped me off at.

Then when we got to our gathering area, we saw that we were the only girls. Ning Xin practically grabbed me and went "GWEN! we're the only GIRLS around here!" and said something like must stick together. LOL

So we sat down for a while and chatted about how the boys' hairstyles have changed.

Ning Xin was like "omg, do you see Justin's HAIRSTYLE?! Its like, so freaking UGLY!" and I was nodding my head in agreement, cos okay, he was looking damn weird lah! Looked a bit like Chee Teng's hairstyle, only that Chee Teng's hairstyle was that practically all his hair spiked up, whereas for Justin, his hair was like, FLAT infront [and really flat. He use GEL lah!] and spiky behind. Eeee, his fringe there was like, ROUND! We were like, EWWW!

Then Zach. Zach also got his hair cut. MUCH MUCH shorter... Ning Xin said he looked like a little child!!! I was laughing my head off as she went "Its true!! Don't you agree? He looks like a CHILD!!!" hahaha!!! So hilarious! But Zach looked weird too, cos his hair was TOO short. HAHA!

Mubarak cut his hair shorter also.. wah, its like so many people got their hair cut.

Anyway, Ms Cheng came after that and told us we can wait a while for the rest to come. We waited and soon after, QUIN came! Oooooh! My dearest!! haha just joking. I'm not BROKEBACK okay please. We were like, so glad to see Quin! She practically thought I was siao cos I was like "QUIN YOU'RE HERE!!! YAY!" and all that. Haha. But anyway.

And we found out that she too, CUT HER HAIR! We were like, haha! Unbelievable!

Then we chatted with Ms Cheng for a while more.. Ning Xin telling us how disasterous it would be for Ms Cheng to be teaching her and us and all... then Ms Cheng killing Ning Xin for her not finishing up her Geography homework, then Ms Cheng killing Quin for coming to school when she has a flu. Not that Ms Cheng was afraid that Quin would pass the germs around but cos tomorrow is the competition, and Ms Cheng doesn't want Quin to be even more sick.

Ms Cheng then couldn't wait anymore, and asked us to go up to the hall for PT cos the corridors were wet and cos of that we couldn't run incase we might fall down. So while walking up to the hall Yi Xuan came to school and walked up with us and Ms Cheng grumbled about how she has to make more calls to those who didn't come.

Poor Ms Cheng, has to waste her phone bill for calling people who didn't come for sailing!

Then we did 10 rounds around the hall. While doing that, Zach took a chair and started running with it! We were laughing our heads off sia, it was so funny to see Zach running with a chair infront of him! But we then noticed that he took the chairs to use them to prevent us from cutting corners!!! So smart lah he.

After that we did 20 pushups, 20 crunches and 20 jumping-jacks. That is counted as one set. We had to do 2 sets.... wah! So 40 pushups, 40 crunches and 40 jumping-jacks! Woo, was sweating like hell after that.

Went to gym to do our sets on each of the machines, then Ms Cheng came in to monitor us and then after that we went to shift some stuff at the sailing corner. Ms Cheng said we could place a sofa there next time for us to sit!!! We were like "HUH?! So dusty and warm WHO WANNA SIT???" haha.

Then went to i-Studio to watch some clips from some movies. One of them was "Brian's Song" we were like, BRIAN! Cos sailing got one BRYAN, not BRIAN. LOL!!! The other film was damn nice and we watched most of it cos some of us suggested to, so Ms Cheng didn't skip a lot of the second disc. Then that movie was damn freaking good to watch.. the coach Carter was really inspiring... that movie is about basketball, so I guess Alicia would be interested in it? XD

I so wanna borrow that movie from Mrs Sidhu one day... I also wanna borrow the one we watched during sailing camp. All these movies we watch really told a lot about how teamwork, team spirit is important, and how we should never give up. I was like really 'enlightened' after watching those movies. So inspiring!!!

And I heard most of them are like, based on real life stories. I loved the basketball one.. so damn freaking NICE to watch lah!!!

Then we went for lunch.

Me, Quin, Nicholas, Joeseph and Lin Jie went for lunch together at the hawker center across the overhead bridge. Actually Quin and I followed Ning Xin and Yi Xuan to the coffee shop across the road, but in the end I told Quin that Nicholas they all going to the other hawker center so we chased after them.

When they saw us following them, they purposely ran off faster than us and Quin chased after them. I tried to, but because I had a sorta like sprained knee, I couldn't.. it hurt when i tried to run.

So when they reached the overhead bridge they walked slower for me to catch up.. But Quin already caught up with them LOL. We bought the usual stuff we always bought when we went for lunch there, then Nicholas and Joeseph went to Nicholas's place to get his spectical band. Then after a while Lin Jie finished eating, and tried to chase after them.

So Quin and I finished eating and while waiting for Quin to finish up her drink, Nicholas and Joeseph sneaked behind us and RAHHH-ed us. I didn't see them cos my back was facing them, and so I got a shocked and they were laughing after that. Quin didn't get shocked cos she saw them trying to sneak up behind us.

Then we noticed that Lin Jie wasn't with them... and we were like "lets run off!!!" cos we thought Lin Jie would go back to the coffee shop and look for us when he couldn't catch up with Nicholas and Joeseph... then we went across the overhead bridge, and waited for him. We were watching under the block of Nicholas's house cos we thought Lin Jie would be there. Then we waited a while and I noticed that we were gonna be late soon, so we ran back into school and found....

LIN JIE!!! he was in school! I was right lah, I told them he might have gone back into school but they wanted to wait across the bridge for him to laugh at him when he realises we're across the overhead bridge!!! HAHA

So we got to NSC [National Sailing Center]. Light wind, too light. So we sat around listening to MP3 and looking at our hps and stuff. Then Mrs Sidhu told Uncle Thomas to let us sail and he did. We helped those who were using the school bytes to wash the bytes first.

WAH LAO LAH! The byte Yi Xuan used was damn dusty, and had circles of white on it. I think its water droplets that dried up long ago lah. Then it was like, you know chicken pox? Yeah, all the spots!!! Then we were like, "this boat has AIDS!!!" and laughing our heads off. But that stupid byte was so damn dusty lah!!!

Then we helped to wash them and Mrs Sidhu asked us to rig up our boats. Found out couldn't use NSC 14, my boat I use every sailing training. MY DEAR BOAT!!! Only can use NSC bytes 17-23 during competition, cos byte 14 was one of those bytes which other schools were using for tomorrow's competition. So Ning Xin told me to use the competition bytes... and we found out that the bytes were like, 100 YEARS NEVER WASH DE!!! So damn dirty..

I picked NSC 22, and saw a decomposed chicken bone in it. Second time liao lah!! First time was in NSC 14, and someone had thrown a chicken bone in it and when I found it, it was decomposed. Like, EWW?!

Then we washed our boats and my boat STINKED! Smelled like rotten meat... because of the stupid CHAO TAH water which is always found infront of the boat... the hole that holds the mast. Damn stinky lah! David joked that it was my smell, and that I refused to admit that it was my smell that was so stinky. Stupid David!

My boat gave me a damned hell loads of problems. The mast was damn bent, the boat was all black and dirty, one of the trolley wheels were FLAT, the clip holding down the rudder was loose, my sail was torn, and loads more problems. Shit lah!!! I was standing there cursing, cos I was damn mad. Like, what the heck have I done to make heaven mad at me?!?!

It was soley my BAD LUCK DAY. I got so mad that I even scolded the worst of the worst. I was damn pissed, and Ning Xin kept wishing me HAPPY NEW YEAR. Cos my boat was like, the worst boat lah!

Then we got briefed on our course for the day and stuff, then we could launch.

The wind was damn strong, but heck, who cares! Then when Mrs Sidhu's power boat was launching, the tractor which was reversing the power boat into the sea accidentally got 'off-track' and 'derailed' and got stuck in the sand. Everyone was like "WTH?!?!" and we had to go help..

Then in the end the workers went to push the powerboat into the water by themselves. Could hear the trolley of the powerboat scrape across the floor. The sound like nails on a chalk board. *shiver goes down spine*

anyway.
Then we launched and all and blah blah had races and blah blah then during recovering our boats, Jack forgot to take out his mainsheet. So his boat was about to capsize. And I had problem holding the boats, and so since we were close to shore, my boat was like, WASHED ASHORE?! Poor boat. Then when Jack got his trolley [wah lao, never get for me when we agreed to pair-recover!!!] he couldn't get his boat in. Damn him! Then cos he forgot to release his mainsheet, his boom hit me.

THREE times. Once on the back. This hit made me fall on the sand while trying to 'save' my boat from the likes of the sands that would scratch it real badly. The second time also on the back, and the third time on my waist there. WAH LAO! Damn pain lah.

Then I was the last to get a trolley to recover my boat. THANKS TO JACK! He totally forgot to help me after helping HIMSELF! Then Shi Yan helped me to get a trolley and Liang Hong, Shi Yan and Siu Ngee helped me to pull my boat up to shore. Siu Ngee noticed that my boat was like, extra heavy?

Then we noticed it..

THAT CRACK ON MY BOAT!!

It was a huge one and all of them helping me to pull my boat went "WOAH!" and Siu Ngee said "Don't worry, mine was slightly smaller than that and I guess your crack is worth $70??" and I was like screaming my head off mentally. It was so sad lah.

Then I emptied all the water out of my boat... damn lot of water thanks to the crack, which allowed the water to seep into the boat's inside and make my boat heavier. Then after empting the water [it made a huge 'hole' in the sand, too much water lah!], I dragged my boat back to NSC with a heavy heart. Stupid... now I would have to pay.

When Siu Ngee asked me whether someone crashed into me, or whether the crack was already there, and if someone knocked into me [i think she asked this] or what, I said no to all.

When she told me it would be about 70 bucks, I was so sad.. I totally didn't pay attention during debrief. I kept my head down and kept wondering who banged into me, or if the crack was fresh, or old.

Then I realised it:
RYAN! He crashed into me during one of the races when I was practically in irons [where your boat stops suddenly and you're stuck there].

So after debrief I told Mrs Sidhu about my boat's crack, who told Uncle Thomas and Ms Cheng. Dammit, Mrs Sidhu was being damn kua zhang. Said Wen Feng's crack could fit a whole hand into it and it costed him 800 bucks! And she said since mine is the size of a palm it would most probably cost 400 bucks. I had a heart attack lah!!! Then she told Ryan about the crack, and Ryan was like "No lor! When did I bang into your boat???" and all. Then Mrs Sidhu suddenly said "Of course you must have lah [or something like this]! Since you can't remember it and Gwen can remember it. Why would she want to ask you to pay if you didn't crash into her boat? She wouldn't be like cos she likes you so she purposely want to make to pay the money right??? Of course she will say if you got crash into her boat lah!!!" And I showed her a 'diao' face. But she was joking about the liking Ryan part. We're only sailing teammates lah.

Then after she was done exaggerating, Wen Feng told me that Mrs Sidhu was only exaggerating cos his one costed him 500 bucks, not 800.

Scare me. When Ms Cheng said that it'd most probably cost 90-100 bucks, Mrs Sidhu was like "No lah! It would cost most probably 400 lah!" then Ms Cheng said that the last time she also had a crack like this and it costed about 100 bucks then Mrs Sidhu was like "no lah! Her crack is so deep..." blah blah blah. Then Ms Cheng was like 'i got nothing to say' and walked off.

After the 'after sailing PT' Ms Cheng waited with me and Ning Xin cos we were waiting for my dad to come pick us. We had to wait outside cos they were gonna lock up the school.

So we chatted lah, and Ms Cheng told me it would cost most probably about 90 bucks. And since I told them that Ryan crashed into my boat, she said I can split costs with him. Ryan was like so mad lah, and asked me like, 3 times while un-rigging to confirm when he banged into me. I knew it, I would get nagged at by Ryan one lah!

My dad was like "wah you must have been looking at the boys and never concentrate so you two the boat crash lah!" and all. Siao arr.

Opps, now I remember that I still have the TYR dry off [or whatever] shirt and pants that we need to buy for sailing. Its sorta like a team thing lah. Its like damn cheap!!! Mrs Sidhu said this kind of material if wanna buy at other places in Singapore is like, 30-40 bucks ["TYR somemore!" she said] when if we buy like that it would cost like only 12 bucks for the pants and maybe 15 bucks for the shirt!!! Better than buying from shops, which it would cost 30-40 bucks just for maybe the shirt only!!!

Haha. Woah, long post!!!

Okay shall blog tomorrow about the competition. People,

PLEASE WISH ME LUCK!

Its gonna be my first race, and its the Singapore National Championships somemore!!!

Again, for all MFSS sailors, GAMBATTE and GOOD LUCK!!! We can do it! =D

I shall go sleep soon, cos we sailors have to reach school at 8:10AM latest tomorrow. So early lor... I wanna sleep one okay!

BYE! =D

No comments: