G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Sunday, June 18, 2006

I'm so glad I'm gonna get a new schoolshoe tomorrow! HAHA! Well, most probably, because I might be going to Queenstown with Celine and her mom only. Without my mom, cos she might not have come back to Singapore at the time I'm going to Queenstown with Celine. But anyway, if my mom did make it back, I wouldn't want her to accompany me either. I'd not wanna tire her out =)

Feeling really sick now. I guess I'm gonna have gastrics, because if i remember correctly this was always how i'd feel before getting gastrics. I hate it... always prone to it. Thought I wouldn't get it anymore this year but I proved myself wrong.

I can always remember the times when I would get gastrics like, two times a week for no reason whatsoever. And I skip school just so that I can get some rest and visit the doctor. Ergh. Awful times. During primary school that is, and I always have to endure all the questions from my classmates like "Oi why never come school?" and if i say gastrics they'd not believe me cos i fall sick so often. Sigh.

I realise now that during the sailing camp, I learnt many things. I learnt to be more responsible, and I must always remember that I'm a part of the sailing team. Although sailing may be an individual sport, but if you are in a school team or club, when the scores are totalled up, your results would affect the whole team. I also learnt that I always must believe in myself at all times.

I noticed that it is always the same, when negative thoughts hit us. I tried it too, when I always got last at the practice races during sailing sessions at sailing camp. I kept thinking, 'I can't win. I'm a sore looser. I'm gonna drag the team down, i'll make them loose so bad, they're gonna hate me for life because I made them loose.' and stuff. When those thoughts hit me, well, I sorta succumbed to the fate i'd thought i'd last with.

In other sense, I already admitted defeat with my own thoughts. So yeah, in the end I did loose. Real badly.

But during the sailing session on Thursday, I realised that if i'd only believe in myself, and tell myself I'm gonna do it, gonna race and win!, thats only then i would really win. I tried it, yeah. And I kept telling myself not to get last, to beat all the sec 1s, and oh woah! I really did it! Even got first among the sec 1s for the second last practice race. Gosh, see how much the negative thoughts make you succumb to them?

I heard this before somewhere - "One person loose, the whole team looses." or something like that before. On TV i think... from the ad about the upcoming Disney Channel movie, High School Musical.

That phrase really hit me hard. It means so much! It was either "one person loose, the whole team loose." if not it was "You loose, the whole team looses." well, either way, it still means so much. I shall keep this phrase in mind.. i guess it really helps =)

To complete life's tasks, we must also learn to persevere.

Meaning from dictionary:
to try to do or continue doing something in a determined way, despite having problems.

Meaning of perseverance from dictionary:
continued effort and determination.

We must have these during sailing too, especially for races. Especially during light wind, where your boat starts moving really slowly. Especially if you aren't a very skilled light wind sailor.

Like me =)

I'm a noob in light wind. I would sometimes even stop there, which is the worst thing, and get into irons. Argh. Those are the times I would wanna explode. LOL.

Anyway, shan't blabber anymore. Shall go help Shanice with her blog, as she said it has some problems, and since I found the problem, might as well help her with it now. See ya! =D

No comments: