G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Grace of Hip Hop



Hopefully gonna attend Hip Hop 1 at O School! Now that they relocated themselves to Orchard Road, its gonna be way easier to get to as compared to Studio Wu.

I want to attend An An's classes because she focuses more on groove than body control etc. Thinking back, if I joined O School's Popping and Locking courses last year with Twin, I would prolly not make it far because my techniques suck. I have no control but I have big movement. Crystal told me back when I was sec2 that big movement is usually good for performance, but body control is still essential.

Time to do the old training method: Putting these plastic chips all over my arms and legs, and doing isolation movements without dropping the chips.

Which is technically IMPOSSIBLE. Can you imagine? In sec2 that was how Crystal trained me, Pam and Bettina? We had these coloured chips all over and everytime we popped and isolated, chips would drop. Then came the punishment which was pumping I think.


Went to NYP to meet Twinnie (Mingwei) and later for lunch, Hito!

She said she'll get up by 9, do research for her project and come down by 1? I called her at 1 after meeting Twin and she was like, "I'm still at homeeeee." Kept telling her to hurry cuz I had a damn bad gastric attack and I was sitting on the floor at Shopping Arcade holding my stomach. People who walked by kept looking at me.. Not like I cared. Didn't eat the whole morning since I was supposed to meet Twin at 12 but I LEFT the house at 12.20pm. Was talking to Fred on the phone and I was like, "Omg I feel like hurling.." "You feel like vomiting?" "YA."

When I met Twin, I saw Benjamin Wee sitting at the same table as him! Haha I found out from FB that they were in the same class. Small world cuz Benjamin was my pri1-4 classmate in Aitong School.

I was like, "HEY BENJAMIN!!!"

He gave me a blank look. "Eh?"

"I'm Gwen la!"

"OH! HI!!!"

"Can you do that finger thing still?"

"You mean this?? *Bends his pinky finger backwards to touch his wrist*"

And somehow, all the girls sitting around him went "OH MY GOD!!", and they said it in a fascinated tone. The last time he did that in primary 4, it was to gross out the girls of Pri 4F.

I saw Marcus Tay as I was walking into the canteen too! I didn't go say hi though since I was alone. Can you imagine? Both of my pri1-4 classmates sitting in the same canteen at the same time! I wonder if Benjamin still remembers Marcus..


Hito came, forced me to eat (I told her I didn't want to and she was like EAT!!!) and we went to her classroom. She told me it would be cold, but I didn't believe her. An hour flew past and I found myself rushing out to defrost myself.

In the end I walked home since she had to finish both her projects, both due tomorrow. Didn't wanna disturb her haha.

Talked to Wifey on the way home. Perspired like a pig. Goodness, what's wrong with the weather!?

Came home and Dad said he was gonna go eat dinner at Hub with Gerald and Mom. Didn't go with them cuz I felt too tired. Oh well. Not like that mattered, I stayed home watching more dance videos!





Did I ever mention how much I love Monica Parales?

When I first watched Team Millennia Junior videos of her, I couldn't stop because she's just awesome.

Heres to hoping I'd be as good as her one day. :)

No comments: