G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fight!

http://ourfeistyprincess.blogspot.com/
http://ourfeistyprincess.com/index.php

I just came across an invitation for a ZOUK event by Studio Wu to help raise funds for this little girl. I know as a teenager I'm not able to do much, therefore I decided to post up this link for you to visit and hopefully donate some money. This girl is only 4 years old but suffers from stage 4 Neuroblastoma, a rare cancer that makes up roughly 6% of all children cancers. (Leukemia and brain tumour make up the top 2)

Her chances of survival is only 20%. However, there is a treatment avaliable in New York that could increase her chances of survival to 40%-50%. But the cost of it? Slightly more than half a million US Dollars. Her mother, a divorcee, has quit her job to take care of her and her brother.

-------------------------------

I don't know why but reading her story really made me feel guilty. There she is, fighting a rare cancer at the age of 4 and going through chemo. Whereas for me? I'm scared of a needle; too scared to have a blood test for myself done.

People are wasting their lives away.. while a little girl is fighting for hers. Sigh.. what is wrong with us? Things like this make me realise how precious life is.

Lets keep her in our prayers. Little Charmaine, do get well soon!

No comments: