G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Will you be my shelter till its done?




Just came back from the H3 performance by Grupo de Rua at the Victoria Theatre Hall.

Am I the only one who found it interesting and wasn't actually falling asleep half the time? Intrigued by their light-play, which made the last few scenes two times more interesting.

At the starting, they were taunting each other, battling each other and using clowning (yes, clowning is a term in hip hop) + tutting + almost-bboy on a street. The scene had no music, and I guess no one really understood that it was a street battle.

A bit boring cuz it was music-less, but what the heck, to co-ordinate with your fellow dancers in a music-less scene is skill and a lot of practice, no?

There was bboy and tutting and locking! -- OH LOCKING ESPECIALLY -- throughout the whole performance. The parts where they used their hands and legs to 'walk' on the floor, ran backwards, were all bboy. So much locking! And robotics. I thought that the dancers had pretty good isolation skills.

Should be more "freestyle" than hip hop genre. Not "freestyle dancing", but freestyle as in not-only-hip-hop genre. Like the Japanese crew Coolmint? They do freestyle hip hop.

It wasn't just your average hip hop performance. I mean, a hip hop performance which didn't use music half the time? You can see how much effort the dancers put in, and how the choreographer choreographed the moves..

Okay, enough of my thoughts.


I tried to build up enough courage to talk to my mom today when I got home.

Apparently my headache stopped me. It was quite bad on the way home and I felt like the time I had a migrane/headache so bad I couldn't come to school for 4 days.

I know whats causing my headaches now, I guess.

But I can't pick up enough courage to tell my mom what has been going thru my mind recently. I mean, imagine your daughter comes home one day telling you she has suicidal thoughts? My mom would prolly think she's failed as a mother, and my dad would just think I'm sprouting nonsense, as he always thinks I am.

Nevertheless, I need to talk to her soon. I will, eventually.
I don't want anyone to think I will be like last year, after the b with *.

I still remember- this one time, me and Lianyi were joking in class (when we still sat together) with Nic C. and Bryan. I laughed damn heartily and Bryan said, "Hey Gwen, I've not heard you laugh like that for a long time. Nor smiled like this."

"Really? I don't think so." was what I told him.
"Yeah, really. You've not been yourself these past few months -- very upset and emo."


That aside, I finally have a folder set aside for pictures of Arshavin!
(he's my second husband, if you haven't gotten any idea yet.)

Perfect, ain't he.




A cute photo of his wife (they're not lawfully married, but he considers her his wife) Julia/Yulia, and his second child Artyom! Artyom looks pretty much like Arshavin, doesn't he? I want to see a picture of their first child -- a girl.

I feel that I'm starting to like Arshavin more, which is wrong!

Nasri will always be my one and only.
Well, maybe cuz recently I've been seeing more Arshavin on the field than Nasri.. so.. um.. (guilty.)


p.s. Just because I do badly in your subject, DOES NOT MEAN that you can use me as a medium to gauge how bad or well your students are doing. "You got lower than Gwen, its not a laughing matter." my mood just totally sank cuz I didn't believe you would say this kind of thing about me.

No comments: