G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Monday, May 29, 2006

never update for a few days. too lazy to lah. hahas.

yesterday went to the zoo with my mom, brother, cousin and aunt for some MOE family day thingy.

Didn't wanna go.
wanted to get out of it.
But my mom said no.
grr.
cause to get to this MOE family day thingy had to buy tickets. Then my cousin, being a teacher, went to buy it lor. And my mom says its not cheap. So naturally i rolled my eyes and tagged along lar. Cannot let my cousin down; she says.

Start of holidays.

Will miss all my classmates lah!!! haha. But some of us planning to have study group this coming Sunday. Me, Jing Yi, Jia Qi, Seraphina, and maybe Beverly and some others.

Must study,
study,
study.

Seriously la, really planning to study hard.

THEN I CAN LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE DRUM!!!

AND MAYBE THE PIANO!!! =D

my mom's giving me the chance.

Might as well take it! My mom was so nice luh... said that so long as i had interest in it anything i can take it up. THANKS! HUGS.

But still, although she didn't say it, i told myself must watch my grades. I practically, literally, made a bet with her.

Okay, seriously. Its slipping already lah. So upset that i got only 1 A2. i didn't even get an A1! I practically killed myself for that

GENEROUS

slip in my results.

Someone, anyone! Help me help me help me! Help me to improve in my grades =D will totally appreciate it.

Rachel has been planning study group [aiya from now on say SG; lazy to keep typing study group] since before the holidays. But now as i pester her when wanna meet to study she is like "Dunno lah. See lar, see lar. I also not sure la.."

geez.
Nevermind. I shall study on my own accord.

But if thats the case, I will most probably study once a week okay. I can't believe my laziness! Feel like slapping myself for that. geez!!!

I realised about a week ago that when I was younger, my mom wanted me to be a christian. While my dad was the "aiya anything lar."... dunno why she didn't make me a christian and instead, a freethinker.

But sometimes i guess its fine lar, being a freethinker i meant.

But oh well, hahas. I also dunno whether I wanna be a christian. They all seem so busy. And anyway, i'd be the only christian in the family. Feel so out lah.. everyone is buddist or freethinker. Majority buddist.

Okay, or in any sense, like 10% BUDDIST 90% TAOIST. something like that, dad mentioned it before. We're not exactly pure buddist. But since buddist is more common than taoist, on their dunno what ICs or something its written buddist. oh well.

Who cares?!

anyway.
Patronised the streets of Orchard with Rachel today. Rachel PHUA. my so loved ex-ATS classmate of primary five and six. hahas.

We've totally changed. Now we're practically almost best friends!

I can still remember that during primary school, we were the enemies of the class.

The wars always started with us, and the girls of the class [boys cannot be bothered] would be busy pulling us apart.

Everyday, it was WAR. always got bloodshed. NAHHHH just joking lar. Exaggerating. But its kinda true...

as in, the war part.

And how i used to hate her so. Everyday I spent my time cursing her, scolding her whenever she pisses me off. She would do the same, but with vulgarity.

Well, thats one thing she totally or should i say, partially changed in. The usage of vulgar words.

But oh well, after wars and wars and more wars on end, we would never patch up. Well, maybe we would. But for a few days only. And let me tell you this - those few days that we managed to patch up were spent silently. We would NEVER speak to each other.

As in, REALLY NEVER.

I could just remember, so comical! hahas. But now its like, we're totally close to each other, and still, its like last time we were hoping, practically WISHING we would never end up sitting with each other. But if i ended up in the same school and class as her now, I would wish i could sit with her! hahas.

Its like, we're so close now, we practically try blanja-ing [treating] each other.

How....

.......... weird.

Today as we strolled across the busy streets of Orchard Road and Somerset, my usual hangout places with Celine last time, we were busy chatting with each other, suggesting places which sell nice foods, our favourite brands like Nike and Addidas, cool bags people bring to school, guys carrying tote bags.

You know, all the chattable topics. And we never argued.

Except for the part where we were like buying DQ's ice-cream, sharing lah. We were like, pushing the job of choosing which flavour to buy to each other.

I practically love that girl!

haha. no lar, as in friends love. I'm so totally not lesbian okay.

She even wanted to buy me birthday present! WAHHH.. I felt so happy that she actually remembered that she owed me a 'happy 13' birthday. haha. Although she suggested buying some food for me [I didn't accept cause I was full from ice-cream and bubble tea], buying voodoo doll for me [cause i was eyeing it, but i rejected it again], buying chocolate for me [knowing i love it], which are cheap, I was like "ahh nevermind lah. So nice of you." and stuff. haha..

okay just a gentle reminder, if you buy DQ's [Dairy Queen] ice cream, buy SMALL. Never, ever try buying a REGULAR, or in any sense, Medium. Especially if you're sharing with a friend, never buy R. Buy S.

I'm still feeling a little sick from the ice-cream Rae shared with me... ooof. i think i'm gonna stay away from ice creams for a week or so. oww.... the ice cream was sooooo much lar. We couldn't even finish it lar! The cup seemed so small somemore....... its like, we were planning to buy SMALL, but we saw the cup and she went "Wah, seems so small lar. Hey wanna buy medium annot?" and i was "hmm okay lar anything up to you lah" and she did.

Before we knew it, we were complaining at the end of the day that we were feeling sick. It was a weird feeling, I felt full, yet empty. As in, stomach was empty. And wanted to eat something. But when I though of buying something to eat, I felt full and sick..

Such a sicko feeling lah!

anyway, I didn't find a nice BILLABONG pencilcase. I saw a lovely one i originally wanted to buy for Felicia actually, but that day on Felicia's birthday I was reluctant to buy it cause it was sooooo nice, that if i bought it, I'D USE IT FOR MYSELF.

But anyway, I saw that same pencilcase again at 77th Street. Wah lao, tempted to buy it. But I considered the size.......

....... small, not long or big enough to stuff my calculator in it.

Then I saw the longer pencilcase, but different design....

..... hmm, not bad. Design okay but still that smaller one the design so much nicer luh! How how how?!?! What to buy lah??????

Then in the end i ren zhu, told myself to wait for other designs, and buy them later. Not regretting that I didn't get a nice one in the first place.

I think I really changed. Last time, I was impulsive. Always buying what I wanted, never checking if there was anything nicer I could wait for, or save for, and buy later. I always wanted something FIRST. And only regret it later, when I realise that the quality is bad, or that other nicer designs came out after that.

For example, my stupid ENZER discman. Bought it as a reward from my dad for doing well in exams. When I saw it, I saw it was soooo cheap, and the design was so nice. SO SLEEK! so slim somemore. Might as well buy it lah!

Then buy liao, realise that when I play it, it jumps. Okay, just try placing the Enzer discman in your bag. Then imagine, every step you take, the song jumps a bit. So imagine that you're walking from somewhere to somewhere.

And the distance is LONG.
And your stupid discman keeps hiccuping.

So irritating right?
So DON'T BUY ENZER!
Enzer sucks lah. so stupid.

so in the end, its now chucked aside,

REPLACED by my sleek MP3. Which I also regret buying now.

Wait, I wasn't the one who bought it. My dad saw it and since I was looking for an MP3, he asked me whether I wanna buy annot. And I said okay lor. I even said okay to buying the 512MB one lah. Stupid me, but my dad said that if i bought 1GB, it'd cost FIFTY bucks more. And I HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT 50 BUCKS MYSELF.

And i said, okay lah. Buy 512.

in the end, store so little songs. Should have waited and bought the Zen Micro or something from my aunt's friend. Cause my aunt used to work with Creative, and now that she's not working there, her friend still is.

So my cousins Timothy, Johnathan [her sons] and Brandon went to buy the same, freaggin MP3!!! 4GB okay! At only 300 bucks plus lar! Wah lao. My MP3 buy 1GB is already 290 bucks lar. Then their one 4GB only 300 bucks plus. Heck lar. So fustrated.

But my mom said 300 bucks not worth it, and with so many songs you will listen to all meh? Listen until can die one lah. And i agreed. But it was so much more of an offer.

Stupid Creative.

Oh well, but I still love Creative. =D that brand just rocks lar!!!!

But I also like Apple, only i don't have anything Apple-ish.

Except that apple in my fridge =p

Hahas. So lame.

But Apple MP3 so expensive lah. Only in my dreams can get it lah! Aiyo sad lar. Hahas. Apple I-Pod so cool!!! But still....

Creative looks better. =D and its cheaper.

I think.

Anyway oh well, I heard Creative sueing Apple

or the other way round.

One of them copied the designs of another, which i highly think Apple copied Creative. Cause Creative came up with the scrolling MP3.

Like my stupid cousin's Creative Zen Micro which I'm so totally jealous of.

And after that Apple came up with something similiar. Like, Apple I-Pod. Omg. Now they're at war. Like me and Rae used to be. hahaha!

Go Creative go!!!

Wait, wait....

Urgh. Omg, dunno which one to root for. I practically root for both. BUT heyhos! I would root for the one who is ORIGINAL. not the one who COPIED. So in any case, you get the main idea.

Cause I myself HATE COPYCATS. wuahaha!


wah, i realised that this is the longest post in my blog. hahaha

No comments: