G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Friday, July 14, 2006

It was not picture perfect at the end of the day...

Wahaha! Today was what I can say was a fun day for me x)

D&T totally rocks lah!

Before D&T started, Mr Raihan was discussing with us about the world cup finals:
Why Zidane headbutted that Italian player?

OF COURSE THAT ITALIAN PLAYER WAS IN THE WRONG. Zidane is of course, INNOCENT! We talked about World Cup, then argued about which country is better and why, and about Zidane's headbutt and who was in the wrong, etc. It was generally fun discussing about WC during lesson time. HAHA.

Today was me and Aaron's first day at like, cutting and sawing, etc the acrylic. It was like, our first day at doing practical! So excited. At first, Janisha and Beverly told me to use the saw to saw the acrylic first, instead of using the machine.

I see them saw until wanna die. Haha. And the sound coming from the saw was HORRIBLE. It sounded like your sharp nails going down across those kind of blackboards used in the olden days - those kind where you use chalk instead of markers. I used the saw for a while, then I noticed I saw until damn ugly. No choice. Then it was damn hard to saw lah! So i decided to stand by the machines and watch everyone do their work. I watched Ci Ping, Wigene, Hui Min, Darren etc use the machines.

It looked damn scary... I was sorta scared to go near the machine. It was MOVING. gosh, literaly MOVINGGGGG! I was like, omg is it gonna tear my acrylic into HALF? who knows, it might SWALLOW my acrylic. MAYBE, maybe. You. Would. Never. Know.

Anyway, in the end Mr Raihan demo-ed for me and Aaron, and practically helped me finish cutting my acrylic x)

So Aaron and I tried, I had a bit of problem with the machine at first, then Aaron got the hang of it and came over to help me as I kept screaming, worried that my 'heart' would shatter. Well, I drew a heartshape on my acrylic. At first I spent like, 40mins drawing a sorta cross, like, with triangular ends. Then I was always not satisfied, and then I decided to stick to something simple. So, a heartshape was the best x) But since I also spent so much time perfecting the heartshape, my REAL heart would shatter if I cut it wrongly. haha.

Finally, I finished cutting it, and started filing it etc to make it look better. EYUCK the sound when you start filing your acrylic totally sucks lah! Very 'screechy'. Hmm.

After D&T was Math. MS LIM DIDN'T COME TO SCHOOL! haha! So then we went up with Ms Oh to the library for the two groups to present our Math projects - my group and Alexandra's group. haha.

But in the end, NO ONE presented. My diskette with my powerpoint presentation gave me problems, AGAIN. Alexandra's group also hasn't finished their stuff yet, so her group's presenting on Tuesday.

Then, Ms Oh tried transfering the files from my diskette into her thumbdrive, because her laptop doesn't have a drive for DISKETTES. See? Even Ms Oh thinks diskettes are not the 'in' thing now. =/

And the ppt couldn't be transfered, thanks to the idiot diskette, causing so many problems for me during IPW and now, MATH!

Then we are also presenting on Tuesday. Haha, we went up to the hall to do our presentation, and ended up none of the groups supposed to present today presented their projects. Haha.

After school, Kerrie and I went to the breifing for the Class Commitee and for the NE Ambassadors [however you spell it]. We were asked to learn ZERO POINT at first, but ended up there was a mistake, and we ended up practising CHACTEK! [or how you spell it?]

So pek chek, we practiced like siao. And we were chased out of our practising locations 3 times!!! THREE TIMES. First time we went outside to practice, then OM Han came over and complained we make too much noise etc, when we were actually asked to practice there!

So we went outside the computer labs, and there was a class there. As the corridor we were practising in was small, noise, of course, was enhanced. And the teacher conducting lessons in there chased us to somewhere else to practise. As we left, we complained and grumbled that it was the second time we were chased away, and the teacher said "Don't worry, there wouldn't be another time."

Then we went to the corridor on the second floor I think. Then the cleaning auntie saw us and was scared we kick until accidentally kick the wall, and that we would be careless enough to leave our shoeprints on the beige-y walls. So she also chased us somewhere else to play. SEESH!

So we moved about to 3 different locations just to practice some game for RACIAL HARMONY week, where we shall be tending to the stall and people would come down in classes and come to our stations during SEE lessons on Wednesday for lower sec and I think Monday for upper sec.

After that, Kerrie and I waited at the bus stop for Alicia and Eileen, which apparantly while waiting for us, Alicia went with Eileen to cut hair. I mean, Alicia cut her hair, not Eileen. Haha. Then we boarded the 265 that they boarded so that we could go to Kerrie's place to choreograph the dance moves for the dance exam thingy, which replaced the recorder playing during the second semester.

We chose the song "Leave (get out)" by JoJo at first. I just totally love the song.

So at first when we got to Kerrie's place, she had problems burning the songs into the disc and everything. Then after that, she had problem playing the songs. Then a long long long time later, when we got everything done, we sat on the floor of kerrie's hall and thought of what moves to make.

Then after that we couldn't come up with any dance moves, even though i suggested some, they totally dissed it off.

So, they chose the song I WRITE SINS NOT TRAGEDIES instead!!! I totally didn't wanna dance to that song. So artsy!!! I hate dancing in an artsy way.. I liked hip hop. Haha. I wish i can go for lessons again =/

But then, all three of them [Kerrie, Alicia and Eileen] wanted that song instead of Leave (get out). Like, WTH?! We already decided on Leave (get out), and at home during my free time I would try to make some moves myself. And its like, I spent most of my time trying to come up with moves for THAT song. And when we got to Kerrie's place, they totally dissed my ideas, and didn't consider some ideas I suggested for the start of the song. I was damn angry, but I just didn't say anything to them, since they wanted I Write Sins Not Tragedies by PANIC! At The Disco so much. I was feeling damn pissed, but didn't show it of course.

Then they started making up the moves. I totally didn't wanna be part of it. For once, I actually felt like quitting that group for the dance, since I had like, no decision there. Everything was about them. The whole thing was about them. I wanted to quit and go to Jia Qi's group, since they already wanted to ask me at first. And they are dancing to Hilary Duff's "Fly". Hmm, my favourite song!!! =D

But since I was doing it with Kerrie they all, they couldn't ask me to join.

I was expecting to do some of the moves i tried at home. But at Kerrie's place, all my ideas were turned down, and believed that they were counted 'silly' or 'totally not suitable for the song', which apparantly at that time was Leave (get out). If i had known they would wanna change the song to something so artsy-fartsy and so... whatever, I would have joined Jia Qi's group, which I totally believe my ideas would be respected there.

I remember me suggesting one part for the song Leave (get out), which was when JoJo sang "And I wonder (why) how I bought all the lies". I suggested like, putting up our hands in a like, 'wondering' position. Like, when you say "Why?" your palms would be facing the sky right? haha. like that. Then they said "No lah, liddat the song why suddenly got one indian dance move come out liddat! No lar, looks silly lorh. Don't do that lah."

and then Kerrie just had imitate the move that I showed her, but made it to look like it was an indian dance move, where your hands would be like, moving one up one down instead. She made it look funny, and Alicia and Eileen laughed. I felt insulted - I felt like getting out of there, like what the song described. I wanted to leave that group for the dance and join Jia Qi, where my suggestions would be heard and considered and respected. And at least might be used.

In the end, I just went ahead to their decision by shrugging. What? You expected me to go "WAH LAO EI! Can you like, freaking stop insulting what I suggest?! At least consider it right?!?! What for you just make it look so damn freaking funny, when I was serious! Why don't you all stop making fun of what I suggest, and be serious! WHY! Can you also like, stop turning down my suggestions? At least you can like, TRY IT OUT BEFORE YOU LAUGH AT IT AND HURT MY FEELINGS!"

I totally felt like screaming that, but I dunno why I just shrugged and let it pass instead.

When they chose I Write Sins Not Tragedies, I wanted to scream "Hey! You all agreed to Leave (get out)! Why are you changing it?! STICK TO WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY DECIDED ON AND STOP CHANGING EVERYTHING!" but I didn't say anything, and they took it as a yes that I was okay with it. Freak lah, FREAK.

When they started choreographing the moves, I found some of the moves weird looking, but they all liked it. Well, I didn't. But of course, nothing was said. They seemed so happy choreographing the moves that I didn't want to turn down what they were suggesting, and it was a 3 VS. 1 basis. I wouldn't win, they would argue until I went with it, if not they would show black faces and throw a tantrum and sorta stop talking to me, until i cooperated.

I guess only Kerrie noticed I wasn't really happy, but when she asked I said nothing was wrong.

The moves were weird, yes. They were arty, yes. They weren't hip hop, yes they weren't. They were moves I would consider a bit silly in my dictionary, yes. The song was totally what I didn't wanna dance to, yes. The song was not hip hop, but was more of a kinda song where the moves you would think of when dancing to that song is ARTY, yes. The song wasn't hip hop kind, yes. The song was the last on my list to be danced to, yes.

Argh. Why can't I feel respected when I hang out with AGEEK? At least sometimes with Jia Qi they all, I feel very respected, and so are my decisions. Thats why I respect them too, for respecting me and my decisions and suggestions, etc.

So.. I just went ahead with the dance moves they made up. I guess I only contributed to 0.1% of the dance. All my other moves were turned down or like, considered and not included. Felt so hurt when I practiced. I felt like getting lost, as I felt that I wasn't a part of this dance at all - only a co-dancer, those that would dance at the sidelines while the main/lead dancers steal the show, and you don't get a share of being noticed.

Yep, it sorta felt like that.

No comments: