G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The competition today was totally cool! Except for the third race, where the wind died down last minute and caused me to get myself a DNF [Did Not Finish]. Argh. Hope i can discard that as my worst race.

In total, there were 4 races held. I loved the fourth and last race [for the day]! The wind suddenly became very strong, so strong that all the girls were hiking out as hard as they could. I was totally enjoying myself! =D

And the best thing was, I DIDN'T GET LAST FOR ANY RACE!

But the weird thing was, I got 2nd last for the first race, 2nd last for the 2nd race, and dunno how many last [i think 5 or 6th last] for the 3rd race and i think 3rd last for the last race of the day.

And my position?

19/20!!! 19 upon TWENTY girls for C Division! I was so shocked, I felt so weird suddenly. I tried my best, raced my hardest, and when I realised I didn't get last for any race, the only thing I felt was joy! But upon checking the results on the bulletin board, I noticed my position was a whooping 19/20. And suddenly, I felt so upset.

I mean, I expected so much of myself, and hoped i didn't do badly for the race. But oh well, I guess I'll just have to try harder tomorrow. I guess I should reflect on myself; where did I go wrong to end up in such a position? What did I do wrong, and what are the things I should do to improve on tomorrow?

When coming back to shore, the wind was lovely! Made me hike out a lot, but I enjoyed it. Although hiking out may be tiring, but it is also quite fun.

During the 3rd race when the wind died down and I was sailing really slowly, I almost fell asleep. As I sailed, I yawned, grabbed some sea water and splashed it on my face, yawn somemore and blink a bit and carry on sailing. I was so tired out after the previous 2 races. Really tiring, even though the wind was just nice, not too much hiking out to do and not much of a need to keep wondering what to do during light wind situations. lol.

Farhana just gave me some really good sailing tips, thanks Farhana! She's a very nice senior of mine, and she is always cheerful and jokative when we see her. haha.

After we were debreifed by Mrs Sidhu about the sailing competition today, Aaron, Quin, Bryan and I went to Ka-Li-Pok to play LAN. First time my parents ever let me play lan. lol. Actually, not parents, only my dad. We played maple. David, Ryan, Wen Feng, Liang Hong and Chee Teng also went to play LAN, but they played DOTA upstairs. So we only saw Wen Feng after we played for 1 hr, cos Wen Feng also played for only 1 hr, while Chee Teng and the rest played for 2 hrs i think. Waste of money! But for me, Aaron decided to blanja [treat] me to that 2 bucks, cos he begged me to go along, and he wanted to pay for me since I agreed. I wanted to pay half of it, but he didn't want me to, so oh well.

Anyway, I have been feeling weird ever since I came home from my gran's place. I'm feeling really dizzy now, and my stomach is starting to ache... very pain! I'm starting to get a bit of a headache too.. ouch.... T_T

I guess I shall go and sleep now... before I actually feel any more worse, and hope that tomorrow the race will go on smoothly and that I get good positions, and that I would feel sorta better tomorrow. Hmm...

No comments: