G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Monday, August 14, 2006

I have realised that my frequency for blogging has decreased! I'm now supersuper lazy to blog everyday. HAHA.

Shall blog about yesterday instead! :D

Yesterday was hmm, maybe one of the most memoriable days in my life!

Guess what -

FIREWORKS! :D

Yesterday my cousin asked me to go watch fireworks done by the French. Argh, was a bit reluctant at first. I mean, I was tired! And it was after my tuition. So yah, I would be lazy to leave the house.

But in the end I still did =/ my mom persuaded me out of the house LOL.

So we took MRT from AMK station to City Hall. At first when I got out of the train City Hall seemed quite empty. Then over the PA system in City Hall they played the voice thingy that said "The station is crowded. For the convienience of others, if you are not taking the train, please leave the station. Thank you for your kind co-operation." or something like that.

I was walking up the staircase to the ticket barrier there lah, aka the exit. When i heard what they played, I was like "Siao arh. The station so empty still play that!" and when I walked up another flight of steps I saw this HUGE crowd and went "OMG". It was people-mountain-people-sea can!

It got really warm when I passed the barrier. There were so many people! Erm, Science? RESPIRATION [or whatever crap lah]. When walking through CityLink, there were so many people! It got so warm it felt like they turned off the aircon! And it got a bit hard to breath =/

But so we got pass CityLink and blah blah and ended at Marina there. Then we met my cousin at MPH. When we were buying our dinner, it was so supersuper crowded EVERYWHERE! At Bombers, at Cafe Cartel, at Carl's Jr., Swensens, EVERYWHERE!

My cousin decided to queue at Carl's Jr. Its a fast food thing lah, so yah. Won't have to wait THAT long for food yah. They're style's a bit like Burger King's style though. Went to check Cafe Cartel [I haven't gone to eat there since my birthday lol] and the queue was like super long. It might take us 45mins-1hr to get a place there I think. My mom and bro later went to bombers there and my mom said it will take them 15mins-30mins to get a place. Like, wth!

So we stucked with the idea of eating at Carl's Jr. Even though its fastfood, the food there was supersuper ex can. 8 bucks for a burger!!! I was like wth. meaning it was about $10.50 for a meal. EYUCKS CAN. SUPER EX LAH!

We waited for my mom to come, and cos my mom and bro were slow we had to let many people cut our queue! Awws. =( but yah. Then we bought whatever blah blah blah and went to wait for seat. Some people were horrible, take their time there to eat even though the queue was HUMONGOUS. Majority's food had not come to them yet. Argh! Had to wait so long for seat. Finally got one so yah.. then my cousin went to queue to wait for the food. It took her supersuper long lah. Then when she came back with the food it was like, almost 10-15mins later. Or maybe more than 15mins I didn't time. But it took me many smses and many song tracks on my MP3 later for her to come back to our place with the food lol.

The food was a lot. Heng we only got 2 meals.. or else I think I would have vomited. The burger tasted quite okay. Erm, actually i think it was horrible. 8 bucks gone for such crap. But okay lah, the whole thing made me supersuper full in the end. Yucks lah.

Then we went outside to catch the fireworks. It was almost time. There was so many people. Again, people mountain people sea. We decided to go onto the staircase there but from there there was no way we could see a thing. People were everywhere! On staircases near the hotel there, and even people staring out from the hotel room's balcony! WOW. They booked a room just for this?! But yah.

We moved on from the staircase to the food court upstairs. Nice! We could see a clear sky - erm, plus a few heads thanks to supersuper tall people infront of me! Being 162cm tall is not good lah.

the ESPLANADE! :D
A picture of the Esplanade! :D


But in the end I could still see everything. It was scheduled to start at about 8.30pm. We waited... 8.45pm? Still haven't start.

9pm? Still haven't -

- oh my GOD! Goshgoshgosh! There were green lights on the ground. Hmm... izzit starting?

Suddenly, those balls of green light shot up into the sky. And it started. The lovely fireworks done by the FRENCH! WOW. I was totally amazed, even if it was just the start!

I was WOWed by the fireworks display. It was wonderful!

The colors of the fireworks were still green for a while. Yup, green. Nothing much. but it was amazing, the way they did the fireworks.

Then the fireworks started bursting out in RED! Then yellow! OMG lah, it was truely amazing. (:

Okay, I have no words to describe this wonderfully amazing sight!

Pics tomorrow (:

No comments: