G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Geography

I'm so sleepy hence I'm using my cellphone to blog. So bored of Geog like why can't we just memorize stuff by banging our heads on the walls and recalling everything in an instant?

Today I had a loooooong chat with my parents, which seems to be happening more often cuz I realised my parents have very strong and wise points they always make sure I take note of.

You know what? As time progresses, I realise, too, that I'm not really the rebel I once was towards them.

Oh I remember how often I'd argue with my mom when I was in sec2.. Good times, good times! Not. I never realised how much my parents really care and when Mom explained why she and Dad are so naggy towards me its cuz they want me to do well in life by getting a higher education, I was like.. Whoa much.


H.I.J.K.

My dad told me to make good use of these letters to determine how I react towards things.

H - Happening. What happened?
I - I believe/feel. How do you feel about it?
J and K I'm not too sure but I know they stand for like the thoughts you have under 'I' would lead to how you react in the end.

For example, BIRDSHIT DROPPING ON YOU. Yes, everyone hates that but Dad told me when he was coaching his staff and used the birdshit example for applying HIJK to their lives, he asked for what they would think when the birdshit hits them.

He said some people went ''OMG UGH WHY SO SUAY ZHONG ME AH WAPIANG!'' while some went ''WAH BIRDSHIT ZHONG ME LEH WAHSEI DAMN LUCKY!! BEI BUAY PIO LIAO LO!''

Then he explained to me how their thoughts affected their reaction and how it ruins/makes their day/be neutral.

Like those who thought they sibei suay, they'll keep harping on it to themselves/friends, making them angrier and we all know this spoils a person's day no doubt.

Those who thought they damn lucky are more positive cuz they didn't think negatively about the issue. Therefore their reaction turns out much better and they just laugh it off even.

Thought I should just share that cuz I found it rather meaningful, even if I don't know what J and K means la.


Kenny Wormald has greatly been an inspiration to my dance life. Yes he is.

No comments: