G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Sunday, September 13, 2009

Post an Entry






















If you're wondering who the cute girl in the photos are, she's Natalie, my neighbour's daughter. Isn't she cute? All of the pictures in this post (except those of her) are taken by her, even the last one with her face it in.

--------------------

Tomorrow is a Sunday (already?) and with every Sunday comes the reopening of school on the following Monday.

After the Adam Khoo workshop, I haven't been studying much I'll admit.
And I am SO not prepared for the Prelims.

But I'm really glad I went for the Adam Khoo workshop.

Besides knowing that there are trainers like Leroy, Gary and Andrea whom I can talk to now about not being able to study or if I need a reality-check knock on the head to wake me up, I got to know Amos who's been really nice during the 2 days, not finding me annoying for being like stickyish and a loner haha.

(No serious. I felt so awkward around everyone cuz they had their friends with them that I just became a serious loner. Except for Day 2 when I tried hanging out with Daoying etc.)

I really hope I'll be able to do well for O's.
But hey, Amos? If you ever do read this, thanks for being encouraging. Its nice knowing that someone actually understands how hard studying is and that someone is being supportive :)

Like Leroy said, the group that went for the Adam Khoo workshop has got to continue spurring each other on for their studies. Good luck to you all and

MUG HARD!


Leroy's talk at the end of day 2 (while scolding us in general, he just meant our attitudes sucked) made me cry so bad. He talked about parents and asking us when was the last time they mentioned that they were proud of us.

I ended up thinking about my gran and felt more motivated to do well for her.

AND my parents.



Anyway, service today at HOGC was awesome.

We had Pastor Kevin Loo, founder of City Harvest KL to come in today to conduct the service. Let me tell you this: His preaching was really inspiring and good!


Some things I would like to share:
  1. Be slow to judge, but quick to love.
  2. Leadership is not about knowing everything, but its about trying and trying again, even if you don't know.
  3. God is obsessed with you and can't wait to hug and praise you (like a parent) because we are his children.
  4. Serve and follow God from our heart.
  5. When people see the way we live, the way we carry ourselves, THEN they would know, "Ah, that's how a Christian would live his/her life!"
To point 5., I think he really has got a point there.


--------------------------------------
I don't know why, but suddenly I'm thinking about Best Friends. Maybe cuz Eve added me on FB recently, oh well.

On that, I really don't think I have one. While most people making BFFs in secondary school, I'm easily finding that most of my closest friends are from primary school. I'm not able to be myself around secondary school people.


--------------------------------------
Oh, been kind of upset that Arsenal lost today's match to Man. City, 4-2.

Dad was kind of shocked too.
"HUH ARE YOU SERIOUS? Arsenal lost that badly??!"

Yeah, says the man who inspired me to love Arsenal more than him.
("The boys right? Its GOT to be for the boys, isn't it ah, Gwen? Nasri is good looking to you? IS HE? Are you sure? Sure bo..??! Aiyah in this case you'll start liking Arshavin in a bit also la..")

I need Dad to subscribe to the football channel again soon. Not getting my football perks!

I love Arsenal unconditionally.

I'm proud to be a Gooner Girl. :)


In my eyes,

THE GLORY WILL ALWAYS BE ARSENAL'S

No comments: