G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Monday, February 01, 2010

"I love the Small Ironies in Life"

Facebook is lagging so much that its getting on my nerves right now.

Like seriously, get a better server! Yeah I know, easily said but hard to do. Even the Neopets Stock Market runs faster than the bloody lagging FB.


I love looking through my external hard disc sometimes. So many old photos, Word documents, videos.. It makes me feel all sentimental sometimes. :tear:

There was this show on the History Channel I think. I believe its still showing right now. Its about people who can't throw away their old stuff, keeping it all 'till it becomes clutter. It gets as extreme as their spouses filing for divorce with them and their kids being unhappy. "Every single item represents a memory and I can't throw that away."

Sigh I know how that feels. My mom used to call me 'garang-guni girl' for keeping old erasers, pencil cases, notes, worksheets, toys.. No matter how often she told me, "MISS NEO! CLEAR YOUR ROOM AND THROW OUT THOSE OLD THINGS LA!" I still couldn't bear to throw out my items.

I remember reading this Archie Comic I just bought recently with Celine and it was about Betty and Veronica unwillingly throwing out their old stuff. It ended with them giving their old stuff to each other!

Then again, whenever I clear out my room, it FEELS. SO. GOOD.
  1. Its neater
  2. I know that my room will collect less dust that is hard to clean
  3. I have more space for NEW junk. (Haha what nonsense is this)

Anyway, today I went out with Mel and she bought 2 times the amount of things I did! (Meaning spending two times the amount too)

Thank goodness we didn't buy our Havaianas or we would've spent even more!

She kept bitching about the people at her workplace over lunch that I found it funny at certain points. We had a rather sinful-yet-sickening lunch (because my Fish N' Chips and Sticky Chewy Chocolate were too much for me to handle) and went to Video Ezy and Starbucks at Thomson Plaza to ask around for a job.

We ended up calling my dad to check when she could start work at the airport. We're most likely gonna work at the transit area so I'm really excited! Also excited for the midnight shifts which end at 1AM or so.

And oh, we saw Patrica Mok. Mel was like, "Hey then there's this shop/drink.. Hey Patrica Mok. And ya lor that-"

It took me a while to realise what she meant was that Patrica Mok was sitting in this store looking for shoes with (I think) her boyfriend! I looked at the shopkeeper and she looked as if she was gonna start jumping around, going "Eeeeeeek!!!" cuz she's feeling the I-just-saw-a-celeb! thing.


I'm gonna see my juniors as I'm going to sail tomorrow! I really doubt I'll get a good night's sleep cuz right now, I'm getting all excited just thinking about sailing.

I just don't hope I get too dark again or I'll kill myself. CNY's in like 2 weeks?!

No comments: