G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Saturday, January 30, 2010

This was..



I had so many things I wanted to talk about but the moment I clicked on "New Post", I kinda forgotten everything.

Oh well.

Here's a shoutout to my "faithful daily readers", or so they say so themselves- Chiaee and Vir! (And they say "Possibly Daomin too!")

I collected my testimonial from Mrs Sidhu this afternoon and saw them on the way out of school. Being the little kids I always knew and will remember them for, Chiaee squealed and ran to me. We hugged and I heard a high-pitched scream from somewhere. Vir came running down from under the HDB block and we all hugged. Aw, heartwarming!

They gave me good news: Daomin has been coming back for sailing and has, infact, been very active and enthusiastic! Awesome. The best news I heard all day after the multiple disappointments I endured online and via phone calls.

Suddenly, going back to Mayflower to retake my O's doesn't seem like too bad an idea. Besides, I DO love the Literature lessons conducted by Ms Balan.

But why should I retake there just because I love Literature so much?

When we say we miss Mayflower, we really do mean, "We miss the friends we made in Mayflower". Even Chiaee told me not to retake in Mayflower. Hm..

I love my juniors and after today, I know they'll always have a nice 'lil place in mua's heart!

I brought my camera yet didn't snap any shots. For some reason the moment was too sweet for me to be bothered to whip out my trusty sidekick (sorry CamCam) to take photos of the girls (and guys, namely Nicholas and this dude whom I-don't-know-his-name).

Great news is, I would be seeing them again! And the new juniors. I heard from MY juniors that THEIR juniors (are they still considered my juniors since I graduated? Yes right?) are a pain in de arse.

Poor things.

Chiaee and Vir even reenacted a scene for me:
Chiaee (acting as the senior): Can I use the hose? I need to wash my boat.
Vir (acting as the sec1): No.
Chiaee: But I am your senior.
Vir: So what? You're SHORTER than me.

Oh well. Deal with it babes! They say the kiddos get worse with each year.

Then again, what does HEIGHT have to do with seniority in a CCA?

Met Beanie for dinner at Ichiban afterwards and had a good catching-up session. I really miss AGEK! Cia and Beanie have already started school, and Ker's gonna start soon. While we were schooling, I never imagined us having to make plans to meet up because we were already meeting up - Every day in school!

These babes are so precious to me. Out of the blue, I told Beanie today while we paid for our food, "Beanie, I'm really glad you're my friend."

"Of course you are! Haha! Okay la, I'm glad too. I'm glad I met all of you girls - You, Ker and Cia, ever since sec 1."

"Yup. And that we mixed with each other instead of mixing with the wrong crowd!"

"Mhmm!"

I don't know how indescribably bleak my secondary school life would've been without them.. AND the sailors.


The sailors made a huge part of my secondary 3 life. We've all been through so much "violence" and touching moments that it does break my heart sometimes to know that somehow, we're all not as close. Nevertheless, they're the people that brought joy to my sailing sessions. Especially the sailors in my batch- Quin, Aaron, Ryan, Nich Wong, Iggy, David, Linjie, Wenfeng and Jack.. (I do hope I didn't miss anyone out!)

I still remember the first time I sat on the bus on the way to NSC. Quin and I were still acquaintances, so much that it was awkward between us.

Her first birthday present to me was a skull keychain with the word "Prada" carved behind it. I never questioned her whether it was real or an imitation, but hey, Quin.. was it?

Moments with her were precious and I'll never forget most of them -- How in Sec2 I missed training so much that she became so close to Drey and Belle (not like its a bad thing, I :heart: them too!), moments on the bus, the first heart-to-heart talk I had with her DURING PE..

Ah that was.. golden.

I never had a heart-to-heart with her before. And the funniest thing (now that I think back about it) was that she randomly tapped my shoulder while we were having a Powerball session and asked me if we could talk.

At that point of time I was giving her the cold shoulder and never in my wildest dreams would I expect HER to walk up to ME to confront whatever was wrong.

We talked, we teared.. and she told me something that cleared my head of something really stupid. I remember how badly I cried during recess that Kerrie accompanied me back up to class so that I could let it all out.

And the time I went with her to the toilet cuz she had to 'wash her face' during Geog. Obviously I knew she wasn't okay and I really am thankful she was comfortable to let it all out later.

Okay, enough about my CCA.

(Wow, thanks Vir and Chiaee! Your "GWEN! Update your blog la its so dead already! What you mean not dead? Every 2 or 3 days then you update leh! I sit at my computer and press refresh so many times in hope that you updated, you know!" suddenly prompted a post like this which.. when I read through again, made me smile and made me feel all warm and fuzzy. (I learnt this from Syafiqah))

On a side note, I got a new printer and its awesome! Dad bought it so that I could print out my DAE form since our old one was a bit screwed up.

Its been long since I typed such a long post, and it felt really good spending so much time to type out this much because this post will be one I would like to read again.


Thanks guys, for making my secondary school life much better than it should've been!

No comments: