G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Think, times 3.


I'm in a rather grumpy mood today after talking to the lecturer and student of NP.

Its not that I'm pissed off, I'm just really confused and rather upset that I can't make it to my dream school and course.

On the up side of things, I am really keen on retaking my O Level Emath right now that I might just settle for doing that instead of going to SIM or MDIS like my mom suggested to me earlier!

After talking to my friends and family, I realised ITE may not be the place for me. Truthfully speaking, I KNOW that I wouldn't be able to fit in, given the fact that I'm an Express student going to an ITE. Not that I'm discriminating the students there, I know they can be real nice, but its just that if I become some social outcast there, I believe I'd waste another year.

The feeling of failing is bitter. There is not much of an Up Side to failing except for the fact that I'm able to move on from my mistakes and do better the next time.

After finishing my last O Level paper, I told myself I'd do that if I could get a chance to make it to Poly. But it seems that that chance would not be mine.. at least, not this year. So why not take it as if the chance is given to me in the form of retaking my O Level Emath (and maybe Combined Humanities, so that I wouldn't be, as quoted from Mrs Tan, "(I wanna) box you!" and Literature, so that I won't feel so miserable about not getting an A for my pet subject.)

Junho just told me his school has 3 people who scored 10 A1s, 3 people who scored 9 A1s, and 20 or more people who scored 8 A1s! And oh, if that wasn't enough, they had 100% distinction for Pure History!

Suddenly, I feel quite embarassed.


Okay, looking at my result slip again, I am rather happy with the results. If it weren't for Emath, I would proudly tell people I improved by 9 marks, or maybe more!

My L1R5 may be 23, but as compared to my Prelims, which I scored L1R5 32 (or was it 35) for, 23 isn't actually that bad! I'm proud of myself for passing Combined Sciences for the first time after my Secondary 3 Term 1, and getting a B3 for Geog when I've been failing it since EVER.

Even though technically I didn't keep my promise to Mrs Koh of at least getting an A2..

I'll settle for my B3 anytime!

No comments: