G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Thursday, February 18, 2010

Because its weird when you Don't Know Where

Being in such a quiet room (with Alex's snoring in the background.. *cough* Teehee) gives me the 'space' I need to think.

Today wasn't a particularly awesome day for me, apart from the fact that me, Ker and Lex cooked a hearty dinner for ourselves. What with that two power shortages and the whole house suddenly turning pitch black every time I flipped the switch for that damned oven and the point of time where I didn't want to turn on the other stove thingy for them to boil water for our mashed potatoes because I was too afraid?

What an experience.

I need to start my daily jogging plus workout routine again. Been slacking a week before Chinese New Year. Oh the joy of the lovely food swirling around in your stomach and slowly digesting to turn into fats... Oh the joy.

Anywho, its annoying when people can't see things from your perspective and give in to you once in a while. They may have all the right to worry, I can't stop that. But there is a limit to what I can take, be it sarcastic or not.

I've been tolerating their (and by 'their', I don't mean my friends) nonsense by looking at the situation from another perspective, telling myself they are right and I am wrong. Why can't they, for once, give in and see how I feel? What I might be going through that they can't sense because I am not telling?

Not something to joke about here- I can only take this much shit.

I'm not used to what's going on around the house and I need to adjust. I would love to take their place any day to let them see how lonely it feels when you're suddenly forced to be alone everyday because someone you were attached to had to go back to her own home, yet expectations are heightened because of such an event.

Yes it may be true that when she was around, all I wished for was to be home alone more often, and if possible, forever. Now that I got my wish, I truly regret it. It sucks to be alone, big time.


The grass is greener on the other side.

But as Ker says, "That is not the case.


We just have to learn to appreciate our own grass."

No comments: