G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

F is for Friends who do things Together

Recently had a sleepover at Alex's house with Ker.

Unsurprisingly, we stayed up the whole night playing L4D2 at a LAN shop, watching half (or less than half) of My Sister's Keeper, watching Friends, playing Neopets and eating roti prata for breakfast at a shop nearby at around 6 in the morning.

While we watched Friends, Kerrie slowly drifted off to sleep only to be awakened by us to play Neopets together. Every time I laughed at a joke cracked on the show, Alex will crack up and laugh along. I thought she found the jokes funny too when she revealed that she laughed cuz my laughter was really funny.

Typing that out just made me laugh. Aw!


We had an awesome breakfast. I ordered Milo Dinosaur while Kerrie ordered tea(?). Surprisingly, all of us had the same 'Usual' of one kosong and one egg prata!

I've not had such a breakfast in a long time. I love having roti prata for breakfast early in the morning because my dad used to bring me out to eat roti prata whenever I missed the school bus in primary 1. He would offer to drive me to school and as we walked out, he'd suggest bringing me to the roti prata stall just a few blocks behind mine.

Besides that, my gran used to bring me, Mel and Amanda (Neo) for roti prata after we accompanied her for her morning walk/jog. Well okay, MY GRAN would do the exercising. We kids just planted our butts on the swings and modernised versions of sea-saws at the playground.

Cliche as it sounds, eating roti prata at an inhumanely hour (I can use 'inhumanely' for this sentence, right?) makes me feel good inside, bringing back the fond memories I had as a kid.


Okay, back to the main point of this post.

While we om-nom-nomed (QuinTM) our breakfast, we talked about stuff.

One of them being the fact that the number of friends we could tell absolutely ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to without the fear of being judged or bitched about afterwards are countable by the fingers on our hands.

Me being me, I thought, "Oh hey, the number of friends I could do that to are countable by the fingers on my hand, not hands."

Which is rather true.

They always say, "You graduate from secondary school with the best friends you'll ever make in this lifetime."

Which is also true.

Then again, that statement applies differently for different people.

It sounds sad to be able to count these friends with only one hand, but for me, I'd say I did graduate with some of the best friends I'll ever make in secondary school. The best-est was from primary school. I'm happy to have them as my friends and these are the people I'll make the effort to ask out.

They may be countable with 5 fingers or less, but the thing is I'm thankful for these people and I hope I have impacted their lives the way they impacted mine.

No comments: