Happy New Year guys! And yes, that's my messy room in the photo!
I honestly can't believe it's 2011 already. 2010 flew by in the blink of an eye, or at least most of it did.
On a random side note, happy birthday to my beloved baby (well not so baby anymore, aren't they?) cousins Jiaxuan and Jiaying! You two are so big now. Feels just like yesterday when you two were small and carry-able.
2010 in a nutshell..
- I found out I failed "O" Levels
- Became less naive in the process. Also found out that my friends and family were there to support me no matter what. I thank God for them.
- Decided to go back to hip hop and this time, at O School. Best decision I've ever made because dance is now such a big part of my life. Will never regret taking HH1-HH3.
- Met the best crew members ever! I've had a few bumps here and there dance-wise before I met Perennial. So when I met them I expected them to just pack up and go but thank God they didn't. Love y'all so much, thanks for everything awesome that has happened thus far.
- Had to learn to live without a maid. I'm not someone who is completely reliant on a maid, but when Aunty Tun left I felt really odd because I woke up to being all alone in an empty home and not having anyone to talk to. She was like the one person I would come home to really talk to and cliche as it sounds, she was like an older sister to me. It really took me some time to get used to her leaving but I eventually got the hang of it.
- Realised who the best friends I'll ever know in life were. Thanks for being there by my side, you guys! You know who y'all are, AGEK, BFFs, Elie + Swee, dancers all included hahaha now ain't that super obvious. ;)
- Went for my first hip hop competition and had a blast at it! I never understood how people in the dance community all knew each other. teenSupreme made me realise how and why. Made so many new dance friends at this competition! Defo hope to see them around soon. :)
- Completed "O" Levels for the 2nd time
- Had one of the best Christmases ever with Perennial at Inez's house.
My pre-New Year celebration was pretty boring, but I got to meet up with Elie and Ah Swee for sushi!!
We expected it to be crowded so we arranged to meet really early. Particularly also because Mom was bringing me to do my hair so I had to leave at around 2.30pm. It felt soooo good to meet them again, really.
After doing my hair, Mom and I went to NTUC to shop for groceries. For some reason, I feel that Mommy and I got closer this year and I'm terribly thankful for that. She's like the best friend that I often get annoyed at haha!
Got home and cooked a New Year's meal with the family!
And oh, my old (okay I know, 3 weeks isn't old) hair with blonde highlights is now gone!
I redyed my hair today, got a treatment done and all the dead ends snipped off. My hair looks so much healthier and thank God for that or my mom would've wasted another $110.
Then again it IS much shorter so I'm not used to it, especially my fringe. But well as I've heard from Inez, Kailing, Jolyn, "Aiyah nevermind, hair will grow back!"
Doubt you can see it, but it's actually red. I didn't get rid of my highlights, so the lady said after a few washes the red would be more obvious and my blonde highlights would become red highlights.
Oh well, time to send out my New Year text messages!