G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!


Photoshop is being such a bitch.

I hate the fact that my laptop's screen is small enough, let alone the laptop itself lagging every minute. Not much of an exaggeration here - My laptop likes to hang on me almost every 5 minutes, unless I'm blogging.

Blogger is my sanctuary for now.

Christmas wasn't a very happy occasion for me either. Apart from the fact that my family never got ourselves into the Christmas mood (except for the period of time our old neighbours gave us this plastic Christmas tree that could sit wonderfully on our side table. That tree is now in dustbin heaven after the "branches" decided not to stay on.. I think), I got into an argument with my dad over work a few days ago and have not been talking much to him since.

Like a spoilt brat, I refused to go out for dinner yesterday. The only temptation was chili crab, which my mom offered to eat with me. I was excitedly getting ready, wearing nicer clothes rather than just my usual of a teeshirt, shorts and slippers, even though I knew we were just going to a coffee shop nearby. (I dressed nicely cuz we were going to my uncle's place after that)

My mom just gave a shocked look when I came out of my room, "Wear until so nice for what?"

Ugh. These are just some of the days I sometimes wished she just kept quiet and didn't say anything. I sulked and went back into my room. Apparently the frustration built up over work for the past month suddenly burst out of me.

Not like I could help it, its a human thing, you know?

I locked myself in my room and told her I didn't feel like having dinner anymore. She made a huge fuss and said if I didn't go, she wouldn't either. I knew she'd do this, so I just didn't budge. In the end she left without me. I was rather happy - I would rather be alone when I'm in a grumpy mood than face my parents over the dinner table.

My beloved dish of chili crab just flew out the window. Sigh.

I attempted cooking my instant pasta over the stove instead of the microwave like I always do. Burnt my tongue while tasting the sauce and checking if the pasta is soft enough.

Lesson learnt.. Be a spoilt brat and heaven will punish you in one way or another.

Watched The Osbourne's Christmas Special on MTV while cooking and ate my pasta while watching my 9pm Chinese drama. It is true that meals you cook yourself will always be tastier, or so I learnt as I consumed my pasta in peace and quiet - something I will have to get used to when Aunty Tun leaves for her hometown for good this 31st.

Like what my friends say, "NO MORE AWESOME FOOD FROM YOUR MAID?! Aw, so sad.. so sad."

Anyway, photos to remind myself its Christmas:











No comments: