G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Kon!



Happy 20th (okay fine, 15th) birthday Elizabeth Konstantin Kwek!

Hope you enjoyed the little surprise even though it wasn't much!

I don't think I've ever gone to someone's place at 12AM on their birthday just to surprise them, so please feel free to feel honoured hehe.


Her mom came up with the idea of preparing everything outside, then bringing into the room to surprise her since she was "too busy playing her game".

Caught her in the room while she was playing Maple Story.

Her reaction? Priceless.



As we sat there for a moment after her mom took photos of us (and kindly uploaded them all to Facebook, which is where I got these photos from. Thank you aunty Serene!), we realised two things: 1) We have been friends for 7 years. 2) That on her birthday last year I did something similar.

Last year, instead of going to her place at 12AM with a cake from Polar, I told her I wasn't able to make it for lunch. She went ahead with Sam and Rei, and when they were done I went to the place to surprise her with – you guessed it! – a cake from Polar. Success!

It's been 7 years, whoa.

A good 7 years with many ups and well, technically not many downs at all!

Thank you for being such an awesome friend, listening to my rants since we were 13 and joining in whenever I did lame and/or stupid stuff just for the fun of it.

Also, thank you for being so supportive towards me and my love for dance. You've been supporting me since day 1, and I felt on top of the world when you came down for SDZ Waves 16 with Quin and Cheryl.

Stayed at her place till 2am or so talking about anything and everything, especially about the days we were both still in Mayflower Sec.

Love you Elie.

Have a great one tomorrow!


Our first (proper) photo together, finally!

It's bad cuz I can't stop looking at it.

For anyone out there who needs a new pickup line of some sort, here's one from Elie and her mom: "I love you to the moon and back, because 月亮代表我的心。"

*shudders*

Okay, I'm yawning away.

Time to sleep! Goodnight y'all ;)

No comments: