G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

2010 O Levels



I just successfully registered myself for the 2010 O Level Examinations.

This may sound stupid, but it was horrifying just scrolling through the different papers and the timetable and when my eyes focused on the words "Mathematics", my hands turned cold for a brief moment.

I pray hard that this year, now that I've experienced the bitter and horrific feeling (in Bold for that extra dramatic feel) of failing, I know what my focus is and what my future would be.

Repeatedly telling myself I WILL MAKE IT TO NP'S MASS COMM THIS YEAR! in my head won't work. I have to prove to myself that I can actually do this through sheer hard work and determination. Being rejected so many times made me feel bitter but the friends and family that stood by me via concerned phone calls, text messages and encouraging words of advice are part of the people I want to do well for. Thank you guys for all the care and concerned, I feel terribly loved!

And oh, I'm taking on more than the initial 3 subjects (Emath, English and Literature) that I planned to retake.

I would be retaking Emath, English, Literature, Combined Humanities and Geography. It'll be exactly like Sec4, minus the horrors of Combined Science. Why I say exactly like Sec4 is because I came from a triple humanities class, and I'll be retaking all 3 of my humanities again. Sigh, the nightmares of scribbling 'till my arm breaks off.. Oh the joy.

I can picture everything falling into place; I just need my studies to back up this little dream of mine and I'll be set on my way.


Wish me luck!

No comments: