G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Monday, January 29, 2007

just came home from sailing pt! :D damn slack today lah, cos mr lee let the byte sailors who went for the regatta on Saturday and Sunday off early, so we didnt have to run the rounds! haha.

justin and darren suddenly put down their bags and joined the rest in running tho o.0 i think cos they never come for sunday. haha.

hmm, i shall blog about the race? :D

damn shuang. i'm so freaking happy with my results okay!

a lot of people told me i improved eh! haha. so proud of myself lah. HAHA. its like, usually i'm on last piece of paper, but this race i was on second piece! after the 5th race or something i was 66th, just nicely the last one on the last piece of paper. heh!

then when unrigging ms cheng told me i was 63rd overall, the new list was out. i was like "WHAT THE.... 63RD?! AH HAHAHAHAHAHA! 2ND PIECE OF PAPER YOU KNOW!!!!!!" and started jumping around -_- wenfeng was being rotten plum juice, keep complaining its a tyco that i beat all the sec2s from MF.

but seriously, the wind was terrible. maybe if it wasnt for the choppy waves, i would have sailed better. i got too tired after the second race on day two, and kinda lost interest to sail the rest of the races D:

first day's wind was just the wind i like, it was like thursday and tuesday's wind. damn nice, strong enough for me to control and hikeout. first day my overall ranking for race one and two was like 71 lah. race 1 position 71, race 2 position 66. ah! race one pull me down D:

wenfeng had to retire halfway during the first race on day one ): quite sad lah. SIN808 banged into him while she was on a run and he i think was on a reach or upwind.

wenfeng kept saying (on the second day while unrigging) that he had right of way, both of them starboard tack. then david, ryan and me argued that he doesnt have right of way -_-

the crack in his boat was like, you know from my shoulder to my palm there? About half of that length. can see right into the hull of the boat somemore. damn freaky can. should ask david for the pic of the crack, i think he has it.

Estimated cost?

500 bucks.

SIN808 and wenfeng agreed to 50-50. so each is 250 bucks.

OUCH LAH. so expensive! can see he was damn upset when we came back about the crack. lol.


second day,

the wind was terrible. just terrible! during the first race, i was pretty fine, sailing was okay lah, didnt capsize much, so i still had a lot of energy :D then i beat wenfeng! hahaha. i thought he was infront of me.

Then when i stopped my boat after i passed the finish boat, then he sailed infront of me and told me "wahlao you pumppumppump! you siao eh? pump so much later kena caught by jury lah!"

actually i only pumped twice :S LOL. david was stupid lah, when on a run, he, ryan and mubarak sailed like side by side, stupidly blocking each others' wind can. i think mubarak pump, then david shouted damn loudly: "I GONNA PUMP!" and he pumped like siao -_- when we just rounded the buoy not too long ago somemore lah. stupid! GOT JURY LAH.

then second race while on run i kept on thinking about me capsizing, and what would happen.

then i TURTLED (after rounding the buoy 4 i think) -_-

so damn pissed. heng my daggerboard didnt go down, yet.

so i uprighted my boat and eased out my sail and beared away till i went back on run. When my boat just moved a bit, IT CAPPED. wth?! so i upright, then it capped. i was like "WAHLAO!! WHAT IS THIS LAH!" then i upright again.

just as i managed to sail a bit more, i capped again. nevermind, upright again. then capsize again! so bloody pissed.

so i went off again, then this girl who was going upwind almost bang into me, then i screamed and capped! AGAIN! then i turtled.

and then, i was stuck there for a VERY,
VERY,
VERY,
VERY,
VERY,
VERY LONG TIME.

my daggerboard dropped in, i wasa bit afraid of diving underneath, so i just used my hand to find the daggerboard slot, and slotted the daggerboard in. then when it came up i quickly let go and tried to grab the daggerboard,

then it dropped back down -_-

so i tried again.

and again,
and again,
and again,
and again.
and each time, it just kept dropping back in.

so i dived in, damn freaky lah the sound underneath! its like, each time the waves splash on your boat, the waves would sound so damn freaking loud inside your boat's cockpit lah (thats what you call it, right)! it kinda freaked me out.

so i put in the daggerboard again, but the moment i came up it went back down.

i decided to use the LEG METHOD! :D

just use my leg to hold the daggerboard in place while i climbed up and used my hands to grab the daggerboard before it fell through. i was like in turtle for about more than or about 5mins can? i wanted to cry liao lah.

when i finally uprighted the boat, i told myself "Think positive thoughts, dont capsize cos you know you wont!" and i sailed. then, i capsized again -_- then i uprighted it, and it capped again.

i almost couldnt breathe one time after i uprighted my boat lah! i uprighted it, then when it seemed stable to go up, i did. then the moment i was about to hold the boat steady for me to go up, it capsized on the side i was on, and the boat's side pushed me underwater (starboard side hor, hurhur).

of course i was too shocked lah, so i didnt manage to grab a mouthful of air before it capsized on me. so when i tried swimming back up, i couldnt! i was like, stuck there. and of course i tried not to panic, but i was like in need of air liao!

so i pushed myself up one last time and managed to breathe in air before the boat pushed me down again, then this time i didnt panic cos i got enough air, so i quickly pushed away the boat and swam up. phew!

then when i managed to upright my boat, it turtled again. about 10+ times i capsized during that run can?

worse still, i forgot my gloves! then the boat's (NSC 7!! GRR. i HATE YOU!) daggerboard was all chipped, so whenever i capsized and upright the boat, it'd be so freaking pain. already ropeburned liao, then still have to catch on a chipped daggerboard!

so a powerboat with two people came to me while i was hanging there on my daggerboard. Told me to carry on, and that i was doing a good job even after i capsized so many times i was still determined to upright it or something liddat (o.0 and -_-).

after i uprighted my boat, the driver asked if i was okay, told me to sheet in a bit, and sail down a bit more to take a rest. Hah, DNF (DidNotFinish) liao lah? So obvious. was what i told myself.

so i sailed to the center (no more byte sailors liao, all going on run or headed for finish boat) and watched them sail past.

then i decided to go back to the OD boat. so when i sailed down, cheetend and weiming were already there. but i was quite far from them, so i cried while waiting for Wenfeng and the rest :S

i mean, all i could think of was, My ranking was already so darn good, beat ningxin somemore! its like, i managed to win 20+ over boats! WHY? why must i freaking capsize just as i was about to round the buoy and watch everyone (esp from MF) sail past me?!?! 20+ PEOPLE I COULD HAVE BEATEN OKAY!

i bet it was more than 25, its quite obvious.

i freaking cried liao lah, heng no one saw. i just sat there and looked at my mainsheet while crying o.0 then when Wenfeng came back i sailed to him and both of us complained to each other -_-

then after that, the rest of the races i had no mood to sail, and was too tired to hike out. my eyes hurt a lot lah, cos when the seawater splash until some go into my eyes right, then i would blink and keep renzhu-ing the pain.

then when it stops hurting, more seawater goes in -_- so i was like shitshitshitshitshit!!!

wah okay this post is damn long lah, better not rant on, or the people reading it would be like "wth how much more to go lah?!" haha.

No comments: