G E E B E E ▲ ∆



Gwendolyn N.
26 years young, a dreamer struggling ever so slightly to not let the world's negativities consume her.


Sunday, August 18, 2013

Spontaneous Fat Boys + Spontaneous Friday

So I've decided that it's time to return to the sea!

(By wakeboarding again, duh.)

It's amazing what you find yourself doing when you've too much time. It suddenly hit me that I desperately wanted to do any watersport again (that allows you to gauge my level of desperation) and I found myself texting Joshua Fong about renting a boat.

$130/hr's totally expensive, and sadly that's the norm, so we're considering returning to SPWB (SP Wakeboarding). Both of us are Year 3s though, and we've not gone back for trainings since a month or two after camp. It'll be a bit thick-skinned if we do, huh?


Anywho, I love spontaneous plans.

The past two days have been nothing but.

A spontaneous plan on Thursday saw me at Fat Boys with Mel for dinner.



I don't like beer, but I love Hoegaarden.

I ordered a pint, and it's a pity I always can't finish my beer because my stomach isn't the exact definition of strong. By the time I was halfway through, my stomach started to hurt because it got so bloated from both dinner + beer.

It felt really good to catch up with Mel!

Ever since I got busy with dance and FYP, I couldn't really dig out the time to meet her. The last time I saw her was during Chinese New Year? When I came out of the lift at my side of the block (we stay at the same block), we stared at each other and laughed at the realisation that we've not seen each other for a good 7 months or so.


A spontaneous plan on Friday saw me and my girlies rushing around the City Hall area in search of the all-amazing llaollao.

llaollao is this amazing froyo shop and their froyo looks like this:



Hehe it looks so good I wish I could have some nowwww!

I absolutely love froyo. If I had a choice to eat froyo or a proper meal, I'd pick froyo FO' SHO.

By the time we found it – the one and only llaollao outlet in Singapore – at Marina Square, it was almost 8 and we had to rush cos I was meeting Russell for dinner. Sica and I both bought brownies for our busy army boyfriends (hehe thoughtfulgirlfriends93&94) and she had to head home to put her crowbar stuff down before meeting Zuofeng for supper.

I won't deny – it's really good. Steffi has been bringing and recommending people to go to llaollao and it just so happened that we had a 1-for-1 coupon, so 2 huge cups cost us $5.60 which is MAD CHEAP. Treat from Steffi though! Must find the time to return her the treat.

We still found it hard to finish everything even though the three of us were sharing two cups. I ended up too full for dinner (I ate anyways).


Went for a jog with him and a friend after. (Actually it was me who shamelessly requested to tag along hehe. See, another spontaneous thing that occurred today!)

My knees are feeling the aftermath of the jog though. The burn and ache feels horrible now, but I'm used to it. It happened the last time I promised myself that it'd be 'just a jog' too because I ended up running and doing sprint/jog intervals.

I can't help it! I love running, ESPECIALLY sprinting. My dad always told me as he watched me win my inter-house events, "You take after daddy ah! Winning all the sprinting events.. I always did the short-distance ones too and always won them. 100m, 200m.. oh baton relays like yours also. You're really taking after me!"

It starts with me telling myself, "Oh since I'm already here why not just run for a bit?" which usually sees me running the whole distance.

The first time that happened I limped home and walked funny because my knees were crazy weak. My physiotherapist could only shake his head when I complained of my *cough* ordeal.

I REGRET NOTHING.

I absolutely abhor the fact that I have knees like that.

I didn't ask for it, and it's denying me of the things I've always loved doing.

Oh, to completely digress and to end this post off (because it's 5:20AM and my brain can't seem to link my thoughts properly)..........


......I found this picture on Twitter.

I am sick of allowing people's thoughts about my body control me, my eating habits and my mood.

Need more motivation. I can do this!

Terribly thankful for the people around me who make me feel so much better.

Guess that's especially applicable for my boyfriend cuz he's just the sweetest person ever, always saying nice stuff about me and how I look regardless of how I put myself down. He has no idea (yah after reading this he most certainly will) but he always makes my day really.

The past 2 months have been nothing but amazing.

So yes, thank you for being such an awesome possum person :)


p.s. I'm sorry again this is random the gamer girl in me is totally showing right about now but THE NEW TRAILER FOR WoW'S LATEST MISTS OF PANDARIA PATCH: SIEGE OF ORGRIMMAR IS OUT AND IT LOOKS LIKE MAJOR AWESOMESAUCE I MEAN LOOK IT'S SO AWESOME I'M TYPING IN CAPS AND I USED THE WORD 'AWESOMESAUCE' OMG OK BYE

For anyone who plays WoW (and loves it):


I was never about the Horde, though I do understand it's best to play both sides to understand the full story behind the Alliance-Horde War.

FOR THE ALLIANCE!

No comments: